I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

2005 - A Year In Review!

I've been tagged by Steph for another meme. To be honest, I still have another one I'm yet to complete (which I honestly intend to, I swear, Her Radicalness! - and since writing that sentence, she has gone and tagged me again, so that makes two more memes I'll have to get around to soon), but this one kinda made me want to get it done ASAP (before there was no one else left to tag). Plus, Steph threatened physical violence, which Her Radicalness did not (despite being very much able to dish it out, when required).

So here it is. Don't blame me. I just pretend to work here.

-----

1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before?

Started up a blog (to which I actually then continued to add). It's purportedly about The Muppets; perhaps you've heard of it?


2. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, my best friend's wife. I spoke of it at the time. The Captain and Tennille gave birth to a gorgeous little girl, who I got to meet properly last week and nearly drown during her bathtime. But we all laughed and laughed ... um ...


3. Did anyone close to you die?

Not this year. Not yet. Which is good.


4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?

I keep thinking that I went to America for a month, but that was in 2004. This year has just flown by. So apart from a trip to Sydney mid-year (and another one planned for Christmas), because my parents live up there, no.


5. Best thing you bought?

Can't say yet because Wifey might read it. It's a Muppet gift (or two *ahem* or three *ahem* or more) for myself that Santa might leave under the Christmas tree for me if I'm really good (or in fact if I just want him to). I'll update you on it in the new year, I promise. But for now, I'll say the best 'thing' I bought (using the term liberally) was the bunch of gifts I gave Wifey for her birthday in October. They made her very happy, which in turn made me very happy.


6. Where did most of your money go?

Mortgage, various insurance policies, Muppet merchandise.


7. What do you wish you had done more of?

Creating more videos throughout the year (I made six or seven but wanted to make a lot more - including the video of our 2004 holiday to America which is still waiting to be edited together!).


8. What do you wish you had done less of?

Work.


9. What kept you sane?

Wifey.


10. What drove you mad?

Wifey. Haha - not really, honey. Work (the way things are run here is a disgrace).


11. What made you celebrate?

My birthday, Wifey's birthday, the birth of The Captain's baby, Fabian's wedding, etc.


12. What made you sad?

When each of the above celebrations finished.


13. How was your birthday this year?

FanTAStic! Read about it here if you must. (Then read about Wifey's here, for continuity purposes.)


14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?

The anti-student-union legislation (as it directly threatens my job), and the Industrial Relations stuff - both being pushed through by the Australian Government this month or early next year.


15. Were you in love in 2005?

Yep, for sure! From 2001 onwards.


16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year?

More Muppet merchandise.


17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?

Sorry to be repetitive, but it'll be my birthday. Sorry to be repetitive, but it'll be my birthday. Sorry to be repetitive, but it'll be my birthday.


18. What song will remind you of 2005?

4ever by The Veronicas. Sorry if that's amusing to you.


19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?

Um, not sure. I'm less stressed, probably, but it's further away from the America holiday (when I was at my happiest), so I guess the travel withdrawal symptoms are worse now.


20. Biggest achievement this year?

Making it to December.


21. Biggest disappointment this year?

Realising December is followed by January.


22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?

More chocolate.


23. Best new person you met this year?

Hmm, I would have to say it was a bunch of people, not one singular person, in this 'ere blogosphere. You want names? I compiled a list of names over there on the right, under 'My Nasty Friends'. Specifically those who stood up for me and my blog in an argument, anyone who emailed me just to say hi, or send me some Muppet item they thought I might like, or congratulate me on winning the long-drawn-out first round in the first ever Bloggolympics! You people are all lovely!


24. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?

Invest in real estate.


25. A question you made up yourself?

This one.

-----

And now to tagging. Um, it appears that everyone else has already been tagged (apart from people who I know don't like to be tagged for memes). This may have something to do with Steph tagging everyone under the sun in her initial post (talk about making things difficult!). I guess therefore I have to tag (with apologies, in some cases!), Clokeeeey, Sheriff of Nothing, Ladycracker, Magical_M and MelbourneGirl. I won't threaten violence, but I'd love to hear about your year. Through my ear. Never fear. Cheer(s)!

11 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:51:00 am, Blogger Steph said...

*Puts sharpened Stilleto away* ;)

Great list. You are a funny bugger!

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:43:00 pm, Blogger LadyCracker said...

I'll complete sometime this week!

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:43:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Thanks for the tag, will get on to it later when I stop singing.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:45:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

PS: Congratulations on the 5000th hit.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:55:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooo ooooo ooooo we should meet up in Sydney at Christmas. I'll be up at Whale Beach - you two could come up for a day and hang out!

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:07:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that the name 'Kermit' means 'free man'?

I just looked it up. 'Charlotte' means the same thing (base morpheme of 'Charles').

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:14:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

So any Charlottes I happen to know are free men?

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 6:44:00 pm, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Good answers, especially the chocolate!

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:24:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

OK, Done. Seeing I was double tagged, it's taken twice as long.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:50:00 am, Blogger Adam said...

Man you make me laugh, question 25 hit me from nowhere, dagnam'd squeezed a laugh out, forced people to look at me, made them register that I was eating potato salad for breakfast and doing my spanish homework at work, induced mocking and damn near started an in-office riot. Hope you're proud of yourself The Bevis.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:07:00 pm, Blogger magical_m said...

I love being tagged - no need to apologise!

However it will have to wait for another few days seeing as I'm currently in Adders on the Mater's computer. I think this computer can only be described as "vintage".

x M_M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home