I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gonzo's Lament

This looks familiar
Vaguely familiar
Almost unreal, yet
It's too soon to feel yet
Close to my soul, and yet
So far away
I'm going to go back there someday

Sun rises, night falls
Sometimes the sky calls
Is that a song there?
And do I belong there?
I've never been there
But I know the way
I'm going to go back there someday

Come and go with me
It's more fun to share
We'll both be completely
At home in mid air
We're flying, not walking
On featherless wings
We can hold on to love
Like invisible strings

There's not a word yet
For old friends who've just met
Part heaven, part space
Or have I found my place?
You can just visit
But I plan to stay
I'm going to go back there someday
I'm going to go back there someday

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:26:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving right along: I hope that something better comes along. Can you picture that?

 
At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:21:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Absolutely, Anonymous.

Ain't it a great flick?

(But maybe you're telling me to hurry up and post something worthwhile. In which case, I'll say: Never before, never again.)

(Or, slightly more cryptically - but essentially the same idea - The first time it happens, you'll know.)

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 12:03:00 pm, Blogger elaine said...

reference to one of the muppet movies. The one where aliens come and Gonzo is looking for his parents.

I think.

BEviS??

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:23:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Actually, the above post lists the lyrics to the song "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday", which is Gonzo's sad-ish, reflective song towards the end of The Muppet Movie, but Elaine is also right because they 'remixed' the track for Muppets From Space and played it over the closing credits.

I don't think the remix sounds as good, but it's the only copy I have, so Little Faerie Girl's mixed CD includes this version with the crappy beat playing underneath it (which, for my money, spoils it a little). But LFG is yet to comment on this song as it will presumably appear in part two of her review.

Anonymous (whoever it was) then listed three other song titles from The Muppet Movie (Movin' Right Along, I Hope That Something Better Comes Along, and Can You Picture That?), which sounded like a sentence (of sorts). I replied with another song title from the same movie (Never Before, Never Again), and then ("slightly more cryptically") a song title from The Great Muppet Caper (The First Time It Happens [You'll Know]).

So I was really just indulging in my nerdism a bit. My apologies for leaving everyone else behind. :)

Thank you Auburn and Elaine!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:33:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me under a cryptic ID for a cryptic comment. And yes, the first Muppet movie is head and shoulders above the rest (at least that is my recollection - it's been a few years).

Shocked to hear you don't have the CD though Bevis. I have it - if you can't get hold of it because of legitimate availability issues I'd be happy to sort you out. (Meaning I generally don't like to copy CDs, but if the thing genuinely isn't in print any more I'll help out a needy fan).

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:49:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

I think I'm having heart palpitations!

I haven't been able to find the darn thing anywhere ... let's chat, SBR!

:)

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:02:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got it years ago. Had no idea it is now hard to get hold of

I'll send you an email.

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:11:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

I think I love you.

(But please don't let that deter you!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home