I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

It's Fabian's Wedding Day!

I wish Fabian and his diminutive fiancee the very best of days today as they walk down the aisle and become husband and wife (after which I will have to call them "Fabian and his diminutive wife" - a change I am ready to embrace).

They are both delightful people and I trust this day will be a joy for them both to remember always.

As I am their official videographer for the day*, I will do my absolute best to capture all the most joyous moments of the day on film, so they can watch it back on the DVD in a couple of months' time as they snuggle together on the couch, then again on their first year wedding anniversary as they snuggle together on the couch, then in five years when things are rocky as they sit in their separate arm chairs, then at their 50th wedding anniversary as they squat uncomfortably in their wheelchairs, then once one of them has passed away at the age of 80**, then handed down to their grandkiddies (who will never watch it), then finally sold as a drink coaster at a garage sale in the year 2097 for $5.

But before we get too far ahead of ourselves: Have a great wedding day, guys. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic day for you both.

"Hope you get a leg over."

:)



* Insofar that they're not getting a professional videographer but have asked me to play that role - for which I am chuffed - so technically I'm their official video guy.

** I'm tipping he'll go first, as she's a doctor. Although maybe that means she'll be able to look after him better than he'll be able to look after her ...

4 Comments:

At Sunday, November 27, 2005 6:53:00 pm, Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Did they send that registered mail invitation to Jobe or Bevis???? :)

I'm sure you did a fantabulous job as videographer. Congrats to your friends on their special day!

 
At Monday, November 28, 2005 4:47:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Man, I'm so set to buy that drink coaster. I've set aside a $5 note in a time capsule. So excited! Can you sign it for me, I'll be rapt to find it in the futurama.

 
At Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:42:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thanks Cotton, I appreciate the 'heads up'. I'll see how I go.

MeghansDiscontent, they definitely sent it to BEVIS. And yeah, I kinda think I did an ace job on their wedding video too! ...

Adam, I will sign it: "To Ads, thanks for the wild times. It was the funness! BEVIS"

Thanks everyone.

 
At Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:00:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Whoa!! Too too excited!! Only 35405 sleeps to go until I get my personalised signed coaster. Yeah baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home