I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Muppet Question # 12 Answered

On Tuesday, January 24, 2006 at 3:13:14 PM, Sublime-ation said ...

Elvira? Why can't we have a Muppets tag? I remembered on the weekend how my fave album as a kid was Sesame Disco, and I think it had the Muppets on it to...or was that another album?




A Muppets tag ... hmm, I like it! ... (But will anyone else?!)

As for Sesame Disco, I do indeed remember this album. It was actually a follow-up album to the original Seasame Street Fever LP release (which featured Robin Gibb from The Bee Gees - whereas Disco did not).




Although the cover shown above was misleading in regards to which characters actually appeared on the album, the only Muppet personality to make an appearance was Kermit the Frog (who, as he also appeared as a regular bit-part character on Sesame Street, could not technically be said to be moonlighting as a star of The Muppet Show). In fact, from all eight songs listed on the album, the only character soloists to feature at all were Kermit, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch and Big Bird. This means that only Jim Henson (Kermit), Frank Oz (Cookie Monster) and Caroll Spinney (Oscar the Grouch and Big Bird) were required to voice those characters in song. I'm sure the vocal talent available or willing to sing on the album went a fair way towards determining which characters made an appearance.

So despite appearing on the cover artwork, Bert, Ernie, Herry Monster, Prairie Dawn, Count von Count and Grover did not sing any songs on the LP.

Therefore, to answer your question accurately, I'm not sure if you're simply recalling the presence of Kermit on the album and presuming that he was there as one or more of The Muppets. Cookie Monster, it must be said, sounds very similar to Fozzie Bear (although Cookie speaks in broken English). So I wonder if your memory is (or perhaps if your childhood 'ear' was) deceiving you.

Alternatively, you could be thinking of another album. If so, I really can't help you, there. However, please feel free to browse through this list of albums that Sesame Street has released over the years, to see if you can find the one you're thinking of. All the best.

x


.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 9:50:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

I do believe I remember the Sesame Street Fever record. It was probably my first exposure to Ernie and his Rubber Duckie song.

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:50:00 am, Blogger sublime-ation said...

Now I know! I was thinking of Sesame Street Fever, which I still have. I got them confused.
Thanks for clearing that up.
What was I talking about with the Muppets tag? I have no memory of that at all.

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:38:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Riss, ah ... those were the days.

Sublime-ation, you'd been out drinking heavily the night before, with your good pal James. Just kidding. It was after I did a one-off Elvira post as a joke for a friend, and you (and many others - including myself!) weren't terribly interested. You were just suggesting I create a Muppets tag, ... and I still intend to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home