I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Little Bro

Some of you already know that my little brother is down from Sydney at the moment. He’ll turn twenty-four next month, and that makes me feel really old. Of course, part of the reason he came down was to meet my son, which also kinda makes me feel old.

Here’s a picture of him, for any newer readers who haven’t known me to talk about him before:




That’s right, he’s a mad drummer. I said before that PART of the reason he came down was to meet my son, and that’s because the MAIN reason he came down to Melbourne from Sydney was actually to attend two of the three Melbourne Pearl Jam concerts that are on this week.

He’s a crazy Pearl Jam freak. It’s fair to say that Pearl Jam is to my brother what The Muppets are to me.

Let me pause a moment while you allow that statement to sink in.













Yes, he’s that crazy about Pearl Jam.

He went to his first Melbourne Pearl Jam concert last night, and came home shortly before 1am, smiling from ear to ear and reeking of smoke. He loved it. The next Melbourne Pearl Jam gig he’s going to is this Thursday night. If you’re gonna be there, look out for him – he’ll have a huge smile on his face like this:




But that’s not all. He’s already been to a Sydney Pearl Jam concert, and he’ll also be attending a Pearl Jam gig in Newcastle next week (at least, I think it’s next week), and a final Pearl Jam concert in Sydney. (I told you he was crazy about them.)

He’s the drummer in a band himself, and they’re really good (my brother-in-law – which is to say, my sister’s husband – is also in the band), and basically he’s too cool for school. WAY cooler than his dorky older brother. (But hands up which sibling has fathered a child?)

Bro and I have always gotten along well together. There’s seven-and-a-half years between us, so it’s not as if we were living out of each other’s pockets or anything. Our sister is situated right in the middle (age-wise, I mean – she’s not literally sitting between us as I type this).


Little Brother & BEVIS in their younger days.


Wifey and my little brother came in and met me at work today for lunch. Naturally they brought Sweetums with them, and I got to show him off to all my workmates, who were (but-of-course) delighted.

My brother will be returning to Sydney at the end of the week, because he has an exam to sit on Monday (before he attends his two remaining Pearl Jam concerts).

Overkill? Not the way he tells it. Pearl Jam are also giving concerts in Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane, but he hasn’t tried to get tickets for those shows!

He has to save some of his money for buying all the Pearl Jam merchandise they sell at the gigs!

(And for buying Sweetums lots of presents for Christmas! Muppet presents, that is.)


.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:34:00 pm, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

nothing to do with your brother or the muppets, actually, but i thought you'd be the one to know.
we're doing fantasy as a theme at work over the school holidays and i've come up with a rad idea, for the kids to make masks, watch labyrinth, then have a little masquerade ball like in the movie.
my question is, do you know who i need to contact to get permission to screen the movie??

thanks bevis

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:24:00 pm, Blogger Pomgirl said...

You and your brother are so cute!

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:48:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember him having quite so much hair...

Wasn't there a discussion on your blog once about that air freshener add with the elephant and her centipede son?

I'm wondering what your parents look like to get 'animal' and a frog as sons

BTW Sweetums is sooooooo cute!

 
At Friday, November 17, 2006 8:52:00 am, Blogger Riss said...

Muppet Questions:

Which of the three proposed covers for Season 2 of The Muppet Show would you most like to see released?

AND

If they release Season 2 with three different covers, will you want one of each?

:)

 
At Monday, November 20, 2006 2:02:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just sat my exam and got home. Went to Newcastle gig last night and I'm very tired.. ready for food and TV... bring on the ASHES!!

Awesome to see Sweetums and Wifey again! Make sure Sweetums keeps pushin'!
All my love!

Make sure there's no more KFC in the fridge!

Little Bro

 
At Saturday, November 25, 2006 1:02:00 pm, Blogger Q said...

Hey Bevis,

Long time lurker and all round blog recluse here... I just had this massive head thonking realisation that I'm PRETTY DARN SURE your brother also moonlights as my friend Bev...!! I can't believe I hadn't made that connection before.

Unless there are other PJ obsessed 24 y/o drummers from Sydney named Bevis...??


What a small world these webs are!!

Congrats on sweetums and tell your bro that Quinny says hi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home