I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sweetums Update # 1 *

* INCLUDES MY GUARANTEE TO YOU, GENTLE READERS!


Sweetums has been progressing nicely. I don't mean to sound like he's a project in the garden I'm working on over the weekend. His sleeping habits have been a little unsettled of late, as he's been going through his four-week growth-spurt and requires more feedings and therefore cries more often. But he's feeding naturally, has been raising his head (when lying on his stomach) since the first week, has rolled himself over onto his back, and enjoys Mummy reading stories to him (he watches her face - transfixed - and then studies the pictures in the book when she shows them to him).

He also stood up on his own legs when placed on the seat of the couch and lent against the arm of the couch (being supported by Daddy - but not aided when he stood).

He is happy and peaceful most of the time, and has stopped crying when his nappies are changed or when he has a bath. It's all one big adventure now.

What a world. I wish I still had my delighted fascination with my existence! How utterly relaxing to have no worries greater than whether that wall I'm looking at is red or white.

*sighs dreamily*

Oh yes, and he's smiling now.





AND NOW FOR MY GUARANTEE TO YOU, MY GENTLE READERS:

I promise that this blog is not going to turn into a "Baby" themed blog. Every post is NOT going to be filled with nappy stories or vomit stories or babysitting stories or kidnapping stories, I swear it. I'm sure that Sweetums will occasionally make his mark, but it's not going to change things around here too much.

So don't concern your pretty little heads about that. :)


.

9 Comments:

At Saturday, November 04, 2006 7:47:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

Awwww. Do you not just sit and stare at him all day long?

Too cute.

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006 12:32:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Pretty much! :)

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006 10:37:00 pm, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

That child is just getting cuter...

As far as I am concerned, you could post about nothing but what Sweetums did today and I would be reading with great enthusiasm.

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 8:02:00 am, Blogger Chai said...

How long before you start him on the ps2? and the violin lessons? Cute kid.

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 9:59:00 am, Blogger Adam said...

Hey Bevis, have you decided what skills he's going to have? You really should be making friends with individuals who have those skills to pass on when the time is right. Should Sweetums have mad bo staff skills, or will he be a dare devil snowboarder or something? I don't want to stress you out and I don't know much about children but I assume he'll need to start training soon, he is able to stand kinda unaided - wizard skills don't develop themselves.

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 6:40:00 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Oh, he's just beautiful!!

Aren't babies just so interesting?

P.S Yay for reading to your baby, it's so so beneficial in later years (not to mention the fact they really enjoy it) :)

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:27:00 am, Blogger magical_m said...

Are those cheeks for real?

If so, please to squeeze them for me. They need squeezin'.

Such a cutie.

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 6:07:00 pm, Blogger Enny said...

HAHA!

What a smile!!!

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 6:06:00 pm, Blogger Susanne said...

Bevis, that post was so sweet! Keep talking about Sweetums as long as you want mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home