I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Gettin’ Jiggy Wid It

Everyone who dabbles online has probably seen the usual Internet acronyms that float around the place. BRB, LOL, BTW, IMHO, SPC, ETC, etc.

Well, I’ve decided to come up with my own, and from now on anyone who leaves a comment will be expected to use these acronyms whenever relevant. I myself will be using them whenever I can. Here they are:

IBM = no longer does this refer to the computer company; it now means I Blogged Myself (this blog)
TVIML = TV Is My Life (my other blog)
JSYK = just so you know
DCMD = don’t call me dude
DCMB = don’t call me Beavis
IJK = I’m just kidding
IBS = I’m being serious
ACAW = anonymous comments are welcome
ACANW = anonymous comments are not welcome (I won’t be using this one myself)
HAGAATT? = has anyone got an answer to this?
IDKWYS = I don’t care what you say
IDCWYT = I don’t care what you think
IDCWYD = I don’t care what you do
IDCWYA = I don’t care what you ate
IGBTYASAIC = I’ll get back to you as soon as I can
ITTPTM = it’s time to play the music
ITTLTL = it’s time to light the lights
ITTGTSOTMST = it’s time to get things started on The Muppet Show tonight

If I think of any more, IGBTYASAIC.

Feel free to leave your own suggestions in the comments (but please self-censor any swearing, thank you). And remember: ACAW ... JSYK.


.

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 7:59:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find JSYK kind of counter-intuitive, because even though 'know' offically starts with a k, it starts with an 'n' sound. I'm torn. Editorially I want it to be JSYK. Yet I have a compelling urge to do something dreadful to it, like JSYNO. What about JSYkN? Argh! And it's such an important acronym to have!

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 3:45:00 am, Blogger Unknown said...

great, now i can sms this blog..

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:21:00 am, Blogger Adam said...

IHYFG JHYGTD HTF POLK HYGTF AER AERTDFNB HUG QEWR YHGTRE!!


RGDSADM.

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 10:25:00 am, Blogger meva said...

Adam: YTTWROOMM!

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 6:31:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

I wonder ... does anyone plan to provide the explanations for their acronyms?

I only gave acronyms that had their full-word counterparts included for clarification purposes. At least this first time. Come on, don't tease. (You can't expect people to run with your acronyms if they don't know what they're saying! PTMPGOJTOP?!*)

* "Please tell me, please, go on, just this once, please?!"

I've come up with some theories on some of the above examples, but they'd only be guesses. Let me know how close I get:

Lulu ...
IVPUMCDZ = I'm very pretty under my covers, decorated zoo-style

Dxxxx ...
YKWYA = You know what you are
NQAA = Not quite alright, <BEEP>hole (or similar)
AYT? = Are you trippin'?
TFTM = Thanks for that, mate / man / moron / Mum.

I have no idea what Adam and Meva are saying. (But this wouldn't be the first time, hyuk hyuk.)

And CBomb, I actually considered that very problem (JSYK vs JSYN) but decided that I didn't want to be corrected on the right spelling of the word. Surely that's what should win out in the end? (See my rant at Network Ten on my TV blog.)

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 9:11:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

A new one I just created in a comment over on TVIML:

YMBK! = You must be kidding!

 
At Sunday, October 29, 2006 8:41:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

How about BIM- Bevis is mental.

Says it all really :p

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 7:13:00 am, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

WTJIBIGN

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 7:14:00 am, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

That was "Wanted to join in but I've got nothing"

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 11:19:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

what about AMMBH?

[acronyms make my brain hurt]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home