I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Hold Ya Horses!

No, not yet, but thank you for asking. It still looks like this:




Our due date is Sunday 1st or Monday 2nd October 2006, depending on which doctor you ask. I'm telling you that, just so you're all aware of what's going on. The concern and demands shown in the comments to my previous post are both heartwarming and disturbing (mainly the former, though). :)

Of course, these dates don't mean too much, because the baby could come at any time from two weeks before the due date to two weeks after the due date.

All I can tell you is that it hasn't come yet. But we're ready!

The nursery is all set up, we've got the 'birth plan', the hospital bags are packed and by the door, the baby carseat has been professionally fitted by A Man, our families are on stand-by (including mine who'll be travelling down from Sydney once we call them to say it's happening), my workplace knows that when I get "the call", I'm outta there for probably two weeks (precise length of time spent at home will be determined after the birth), and tomorrow I'll be handing blank VHS tapes over to certain trusted friends and asking them to record specific TV shows for us while we're otherwise engaged next week and/or the week afterwards.

HEY! I'VE GOT AN ONLINE JOB TO DO, YA KNOW!! I CAN'T LET DOWN THE FANS!

The only reason I haven't been online this week is because my new job is zapping me of all my energy, so when I get home, there's time for Wifey, the cats, dinner, TV and bed. In that order. I suspect there'll be very little else until my poor whinging body gets used to full-time (or near enough, anyway) work again. Baby prep has also had a lot to do with me having so little blog time recently.

But not to worry - when Wifey goes into labour, I already have a special post sitting in draft, ready to be published before we head out the door. So unless we're not at home when her water breaks, or if she starts screaming at me for running to the computer instead of running to the car, then you'll know that it's all going down by checking back here and reading about it.

Then you might be waiting a few days before you hear from me again. But hopefully you'll understand why and cut me some slack.

As for what the doctor had to say in today's weekly check-up, the baby's now exactly 40 centimetres long (to the uninformed, that means 'fully cooked'), and his or her heartbeat is extremely healthy. Wifey is also in top notch. Her heart rate, blood pressure and urine sample (excuse me) coming back with full marks. And not because she knows how to aim into a small cup. She's very fit, and the baby seems to be happy and comfortable in there.

So much so, in fact, that Wifey reckons it'll take its time coming out, and that she won't actually go into labour until this time next week (at the earliest). I'm hoping for things to get moving a little sooner than that, but what do I know.

(Nothing.)

The fact that everything is healthy and good is a wonderful sign. We hope and pray that Wifey will have a trouble-free labour, but of course they rarely go off without some kind of incident. So we're not expecting things to go smoothly on the day just because they've been smooth so far. But if it all goes well, we'll obviously be very grateful!

Today we're a happy couple, but in maybe just a few days' time we'll be a family!


.

10 Comments:

At Friday, September 29, 2006 8:04:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

Awww Bevis i could cry!!
I'm so excited!!!!
!!!! exclamation marks galore !!!

 
At Saturday, September 30, 2006 1:15:00 am, Blogger Enny said...

Woohoo!

FYI - The Hun's BF's wife was due early nov - gave birth on Tuesday - six weeks premmy, but healthy.

To say they weren't ENTIRELY organised is a bit of an understatement... tho they got a few weeks till he's allowed out, so everything will be in order for him when he comes home.

YAY BABIES!

 
At Saturday, September 30, 2006 8:32:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best Bevis!
Mr Colls Bolls & I will be "Thinking" about you & for you!

 
At Saturday, September 30, 2006 10:08:00 am, Blogger elaine said...

you're not a bit excited or anything, are you?

Best of wishes for a safe and easy delivery and all that jazz.

x

ps DON'T PANIC.

 
At Saturday, September 30, 2006 10:26:00 am, Blogger Susanne said...

Yay Bevis! All the best for the birth. You must be so excited and nervous.

 
At Saturday, September 30, 2006 5:25:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

very exciting bevis. am waiting to hear. will you tell us asap?

i'm also quite frustrated that we can't send you and wifey flowers and a little blue/pink teddy.

[scowls]

oh well.

give wifey a kiss from me and tell her:

"you can do it. trust your body. go with the flow."

it is all very excited.

[hugs steph and jumps up and down squealing]

 
At Sunday, October 01, 2006 4:04:00 pm, Blogger Javatari said...

I'm so glad that you'll soon get to enjoy the joys of children. Coincidentally when I get home from work tonight I'm going to be posting some advise for aspiring parents.

I liked the part where you mentioned getting friends to tape tv shows for you! That's pretty funny. Seriously when do you think you will be able to watch them! :-) Hehehe.

Best wishes to Wifey.

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 10:45:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thank you, everyone.

Steph, you've just used up your annual quota of exclamation marks on this blog. From here on in you'll have to phrase everything as a question or state it blandly.

Enny, goodness me, I'm glad the poor thing was healthy! 'Yay babies' indeed.

Colls Bolls, much appreciated from you both. :)

Elaine, not really, no. MUCH!! (Thanks for the PS. I passed it on to Wifey.)

Susanne, correct on both counts.

MelbourneGirl, I passed on your message to Wifey, who said to say thank you. Yes, I'll tell you as soon as circumstances allow. I won't be able to contain it! And your offer of a gift is both charming and generous. But also unnecessary, in that "you really shouldn't", etc. It's very kind of you to say so, though. xx

Javatari, surely once it's out I'll be free to catch up on all my telly??? What are you saying??

(Great. Now I've used up my annual quota of question marks on this blog. From here on in I'll have to phrase everything as an amazing exclamation!)

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 2:44:00 pm, Blogger sublime-ation said...

wow how exciting...anyday now...

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 8:52:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home