I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Three Things Meme

The e'er-delightful MelbourneGirl tagged me for this meme last week. I trust you all enjoy, etc.


1. Three things that scare me:

- Not being able to 'provide' for Wifey and our child
- Fire destroying everything we own
- Gretel Killeen


2. Three people that make me laugh:

- Rob Sitch (as fictitious Australian current affairs host Mike Moore in Frontline)
- Shaun Micallef (as anything)
- Gianluca Di Milano (as 'himself')


3. Three things I hate the most:

- That infuriating mix of ignorance and arrogance we see so often
- Paedophilia
- Unrequited love


4. Three things I don't understand:

- Inconsiderate people (especially drivers)
- Instructions written in Japanese
- Hate (whether embodied in individuals or groups)


5. Three things I'm doing right now:

- Procrastinating
- Blogging
- Writing a handful of scripts (I'm meant to be, anyway!)


6. Three things I want to do before I die:

- Have something I've written get published (in book form)
- Live in America for 12 months (Christmas in DisneyWorld; New Year's Eve in New York City)
- Become a Grandpa


7. Three things I can do:

- Bring any conversation back to myself
- Flummox people with my vast knowledge of useless trivia
- Tie a snake lolly into a knot with my tongue


8. Three things I can't do:

- Sew
- Dry dishes
- Tell a story - any story - quickly


9. Three ways to describe my personality:

- Brilliant
- Eccentric
- 'BEVIS'


10. Three things I think you should listen to:

- This song (paying close attention to the clever wordplay)
- This song (it's a lot of fun in the movie)
- And this song (slow, sad and beautiful when set to music)


11. Three things you should never listen to:

- Internet flamers
- Channel Seven's ads for upcoming episodes of Lost, 24, or similar shows (because they spoil things and make unrealistic promises)
- This woman


12. Three things I'd like to learn:

- A trade
- How to make a million dollars (without leaving the couch)
- How to turn blogging and reviewing TV shows into a well-paid career


13. Three favourite foods:

- Wifey's magnificent carbonara
- Roast lamb
- Pizza (current favourite: Mexicana)
- Doughnuts (normal iced or Krispy Kreme glazed)
- Violent Crumble
- Turkish Delight (the chocolate-coated variety)
- Cadbury's new Rocky Road chocolate block
- Sorry, how many things can I list??


14. Three beverages I drink regularly:

- Coca-Cola
- Pepsi Cola
- Aldi Cola


15. Three shows I watched as a kid:

- Well, derr!
- The Girl From Tomorrow (also The Henderson Kids and its sequel)
- Some show I've never been able to remember properly (or find out more about), where three teenagers found some sort of mystical crystal (shaped almost like a sword), that - when held aloft - would stop time and send those holding it through some kind of vortex or something ... obviously I have very unclear memories of the show, but I know I LOVED it! (Can anyone help?)


16. Three people I'm tagging:

- Whoever
- Wants
- To


.

15 Comments:

At Friday, September 15, 2006 4:59:00 am, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Read it. Loved it. Particularly the part where you describe your personality as "BEVIS". I should not laugh that hard at work.

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 10:47:00 am, Blogger Adam said...

You know we love ya dude, it's not unrequited...

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 12:27:00 pm, Blogger Travis Cotton said...

Is it only instructions that you can't understand in Japanese?

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 12:36:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

I'm sorry, i didn't make it past the 'tie a snake lolly into a knot with my tounge"
Hellllooooooo Sailor!! :p

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 12:56:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

thanks for playing. i wouldn't picked you for a MARIAH HATER.

thought that link was going to lead to someone called julia z. or your other favourite, judith l.

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 6:06:00 pm, Blogger John said...

I have put up the link to my film on my blog, enjoy!

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 7:58:00 am, Blogger Spankk said...

Well Bevis, here's another thing we've had in common but for the last 15 years never knew! I also absolutely loved that show on the ABC with the time freezing crystal - I LOVED it - but no one else ever remembers it! I can't believe you and I never had that conversation! Anyway, I remember the theme song "Let's go Fatty and George..." and as luck would have it, it's called 'Fatty and George' and limited info available at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082366/

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 10:49:00 am, Blogger Susanne said...

I also consider my personality to be 'BEVIS'.

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 3:31:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

I'm Not Craig, it's all true. That is actually how I describe myself. People who know me consider the name a very descriptive word indeed. It's all any of us needs to say to put across a whole host of images and ideas - most of which involve craziness and lunacy. I guess after more than a year in the blogosphere, perhaps the same could be said about those who know me solely through my blog identity as well.

Adam, I certainly know that you love me! Sometimes that's all that keeps me going ...

Problematic, that's a good point. I'll have to look into it and get back to you. Wouldn't it be weird if I could read Japanese as long as it wasn't an instruction manual?!

Steph, hehe ... it's true. Surely this is something you can do as well, though? Plenty of practice, etc. (With lollies, thank you.)

MelbourneGirl, I just picked someone universally loathed for the purposes of the gag. I really have no opinion on Mariah at all. If I had to pick someone perhaps more obscure (but accurate), it'd be Judith Lucy, yes. I decided to go easy on her this time around in my TGYH posts (you'll notice she fails to get a mention at all ... unless she appears this time as a guest), so I didn't want to spread the hate. I don't dislike Julia Zemiro at all (despite what she thinks!), although she probably doesn't include me amongst her closest friends!

John Surname, I certainly did enjoy it! Well done again! Thanks for showing it to us!

Spankk, I can't believe this. I think we're going to be discovering more and more incidents like this until we're the two old guys in Hungry Jacks, reading the paper and giggling with each other under our breath. It's uncanny. Trust you to remember the theme song ... I have no memory of that at all, but I'm pleased to see that it helped you source the show! Thanks for the link. That solves an age-old mystery in my mind. (Who calls a kids' show "Fatty & George"??!)

Susanne, that's fantastic news!! Maybe I could try to start a trend here, and by the time the next census rolls around, I'll have my own tickbox! I'm very pleased that you consider your personality 'BEVIS'. I could think of no better person to take up the challenge. (Except perhaps for another BEVIS.)

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 3:42:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Spankk, check here for almost no more information than the IMDb link, except that it has four of the cast members' names. Dunno which characters they played, though.

The episode titles can be found here.

Finally, if you scroll down, you'll see just a little more information about the show here.

 
At Friday, March 09, 2007 11:45:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came across your conv about Fatty & George (& Izzy too)... It was produced by ABC Tasmania, and to some critical acclaim... as far as kids shows go, at least.

I've YouTube'd the openening titles if you want to see. Look up "fatty george izzy".

 
At Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:45:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

CosmicHobo, welcome! Thanks so much for letting me know - I've just watched it and loved it! Where'd you find the opening credit sequence?! You don't still have an episode on tape or something, do you?? Or do you work at the ABC? What a find! I'll be sure to let Spankk know about it as well. Cheers!

 
At Sunday, March 11, 2007 9:57:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like yourselves, I loved this show when I watched it as a kid (possibly repeats, given I was only 4 during its first run).

For YEARS I scoured the Net trying to find out what the show was called, as unlike spankk I didn't remember the song... eventually I found a student/professor who had published a paper online about Aust. children's tv, and referenced the show. The website included the intro titles, which I promptly kept a copy of for future reference :) Stupidly I only bookmarked the page, which has now disappeared, so I have no further info.

At the time, now armed with the shows actual name, I contacted the ABC... and was told ha, ha ha... no, it'll never be screened again... ever... ever.

So I was surprised to see that Screen Tasmania did screen the first three episodes of the show in 2004 as part of a "Travelling Picture Show" in various Tassie locations...

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 5:03:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to further add to the previous posts...

http://bonza.rmit.edu.au/essays/1998/tas_children/TCCFTV.php

That has a picture from the show, and some background info.

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:42:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, last one, really. Sorry - am obsessive compulsive, and glad to have somewhere to spew this info.

http://bonza.rmit.edu.au/production/show_prod.php?recordnumber=553&database=production

Has the full lyrics to the theme tune (text only).

Also - George was a girl?!

thecosmichobo@optusnet.com.au

 

Post a Comment

<< Home