I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yay!

From my inbox:


--------------------



(That's you.)


To celebrate the CBD's first Krispy Kreme store opening on Collins Street, Krispy Kreme is holding a fundraiser in the city this Thursday in order to raise funds for Melbourne Citymission. Our target is to raise over $10,000 to help combat homelessness in Melbourne.

So come down early this Thursday to meet some of your favourite AFL and Melbourne Victory players, and grab a dozen of our Signature Original Glazed to support a great cause.

Where: City Square, on the corner Swanston & Collins Streets, Melbourne
When: Thursday, 31st August from 7am while stocks last
What: Original Glazed for $13 a dozen with $5 per dozen donated to Melbourne Citymission's Homelessness Campaign.

Find out more about Melbourne Citymission at
www.melbournecitymission.org.au

Our new store at 607 Collins Street is opening at 6:30am on Tuesday, 26th September.



--------------------


Of course, for them to raise their desired $10,000 for Melbourne Citymission, they'd have to sell 2,000 boxes (or $26,000 worth of donuts), making a cool $16,000 on the side for themselves while they're at it. Still, even charity doesn't come for free, so good on them for even involving Melbourne Citymission in their little self-promotion. They could just-as-easily have held this event without bothering to donate anything to anyone.

So will I see you there?

I'm also delighted to finally hear official word about the first non-Narre Warren Krispy Kreme store opening in Victoria. I don't get into the city very much, but I certainly travel in there more frequently than I ever travel out to Narre Warren! And 26th September isn't very far away at all ...


.

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:36:00 am, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

I was wondering what I was going to have for lunch on Thursday.
My Bro has moved into a building 2 doors down from 607. He was so excited when I told him that KK will be opening up so close to him.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:05:00 am, Blogger Travis Cotton said...

Animals mate. Bloody animals.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:31:00 pm, Blogger elaine said...

I dunno, Bevis.

Krispy Kremes
a) taste disgusting

b) promote obesity through their encouragement to buy whole boxes. One of their doughnut varieties has 400 calories FOR A SINGLE DOUGHNUT. That's just gross.
and
c) Promote illiteracy. Crispy and cream are not spelled with a K.

I won't be going into a Krispy Kreme outlet and I won't be supporting Krispy Kreme.

I'd rather give my money direct to a worthy charity.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:45:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Clokeeeey, you'd better be quick, though. I imagine there'll be quite a line!

Problematic, who do you mean? Krispy Kreme? The people who'll be buying the doughnuts? Homeless people?

Elaine, fair enough. Everyone's entitled, etc. For the record: (a) I disagree; (b) they're no different to any other junk food corporation, including other doughnut retailers like Donut King, because both sell their product in big boxes and both also sell them in smaller quantities and as single doughnuts; and (c) I can't argue with you on that one. Although the aforementioned Donut King can't even spell their product correctly. At least Krispy Kreme actually knows how to spell the word 'doughnut'.

:)

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:32:00 pm, Blogger Travis Cotton said...

Krispy Kreme for their dirty ways.

The bloated saturated fat people for their dirty diets.

The 'tramps' for their dirty clothes. There are public fountains. WASH!

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:14:00 pm, Blogger Javatari said...

Krispy Kremes are no better or worse than any other doughnut I've tried. Quite frankly I prefer the ones from the local doughnut shop in the shopping centre. I'd buy from them again, but I won't be going too far out of my way to do so, eg. into the city.

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 3:18:00 am, Blogger Gianluca Di Milano said...

I'm like the crispy sremes to much. is a kind of game they are play in the public school, no?

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 3:07:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Sorry the Bevis, you know I think you're ace, but I won't be seeing y'all down Krispy Kremes... I have no problem with the taste of the things, but I seriously couldn't deal with the fanaticism of all the peeps I was hanging with in Sydney - seriously, they managed to get the KK brandname into every single conversation for the entire 6 months. I realise it's not KKs fault, but I've OD'd and only ever had one.

P.S) The girl at the Sydney airport selling KKs is remarkably huge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home