I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, July 17, 2006

I Didn't Get It

I just heard back about the job interview I had on Friday. I wasn't successful, but the guy was full of praise about me. Apparently I'm over-qualified for the job (and even though I'm an overly-paranoid person, I really don't think he was simply feeding me a line). He was a great guy and I would have enjoyed working for him. But oh well. I'm not too upset because I'm not too surprised. As I said on Friday, I got the impression they had someone else in mind (or that I wasn't the 'right' person for the job).

Next on the cards is another editing job Riss brought to my attention, so I'll tackle that this week and see what (if anything) happens.

I'm also keeping my ear to the ground in other areas, so all is not lost yet. But time is certainly running out before Wifey gives birth if I'm to be bringing home the paycheck by then! Not to mention all the bills and debts piling up. It's never pretty being out of work, is it.

My apologies for this rather sullen post. I have many other exciting things to discuss in the next few days, so hopefully things will be a little more positive tomorrow. (Not that I'm exactly negative or depressed today, though. I'm fine.)

And as for the Big Blogger 'weekend twist' post, that never happened. Sorry about that. Everything's a little crazy inside my head at the moment, but I'll get to it as soon as I can. For those of you interested. Yep, both of you. :)

Hehe.


.

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:26:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

hey, bevis. you're doing well with the job hunt and everything. you are ace and everything WILL WORK OUT.

collective good wishes being sent your way by everyone.

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:14:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

Don't apologise. With all you have going on, i can't believe you find time to blog at all, let alone have TWO blogs.

Good luck with the job seeking. I know what a bullshit hassle it is.

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:47:00 pm, Blogger sublime-ation said...

Bummer.
Good luck for the next one...

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 6:10:00 pm, Blogger Javatari said...

Don't worry Bevis. If all goes to plan the guy who did get it is about to have an unfortunate accident. Hehehe. You may still get the job. ;-) Or at least a better one.

 
At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 3:24:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Oh, what a shame. I'm sure you'll be selected for the one that's right for you. It's a bit like auditioning, don't you think? Nervewracking in different ways though...

Best of luck for the next one. If that doesn't work out then there's always temp work to keep you going...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home