I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Four Year Itch

So they say that the 'seven year itch' has been reduced to four in today's society. Who says? Just 'them'.

Well, Friday was the day Wifey and I celebrated our four-year anniversary. No itching or scratching was present, which is good news.

More good news is we don't even keep any Aeroguard in the cupboard 'just in case'. So we're not even anticipating any itching or scratching. Things are great.

Also, yesterday marked Wifey's 28th week pregnant, and she still looks as gorgeous and sexy as she ever has. Pregnancy really suits her. She's stunning. (Yes, I'm biased, but I'm also entirely smitten -- and you pretty much have to take my word for it.)

What did we do to celebrate four years of wedded bliss? To start with, upon waking, I sang her the song I wrote and performed for her at our wedding (this is an annual event, and lyrics in the song even promise that I'll sing it to her "each year on this day" [cue nausea]). Then we went shopping in our local shopping centre. Myer and Kmart were the stores of choice (both had big toy sales on, you see, and we wanted to get some gifts for the baby). We followed that up with a movie. Naturally, we made sure it was a romantic flick, to suit the occasion.

And despite some of the reviews I've seen, I quite enjoyed Superman Returns. I'll probably post a review with my thoughts on the film over the coming week.

In fact, I have quite a few things I feel like posting about (that aren't related to television), so I guess we might as well declare this little 'blog hiatus' thing over. I wasn't very successful at staying absent or quiet for very long, anyway!

So I'll be speaking to you again before very long, and hopefully enough of you are still checking this blog to see if I'm back.

Many thanks for all your understanding during my recent 'down time'.


.

6 Comments:

At Monday, July 10, 2006 10:40:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Good work on the non-itching dude and chick. I do wish you the world of happiness and kids toys.

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 4:24:00 pm, Blogger elaine said...

they say rather a lot of things, don't they?

Who the hell are they and why should we trust them, anyway?

Happy anniversary.

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 4:47:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

just for you bevis, taken from http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=230011&page=2:

Is There Such a Thing as the Seven-Year-Itch?

Just as ancient civilizations believed that their myths were written symbolically in the stars, so is the myth of the Seven-Year Itch.


That myth is symbolized by one of the biggest stars ever — Marilyn Monroe. It was the title of a movie in which she tempts a man in the seventh year of his marriage toward infidelity.

Is there anything to the belief that spouses are most likely to feel the urge to stray after seven years? Actually, according to evolutionary anthropologist Helen Fisher, it happens a lot sooner, and the reasons for this may go back to the dawn of humanity.

"As it turns out, the standard period of human birth spacing was originally four years. We were built to have our children four years apart and I think that this drive to pair up and stay together at least four years evolved millions of years ago so that a man and a woman would be drawn together and stay together, tolerate each other, at least long enough to rear a single child through infancy," said Fisher, author of "Why We Love."

Following the urge to find a new partner after that four-year period, she says, may have been a way that humans added more variation to the gene pool.

So there is an itch — it's just a four-year itch, according to Fisher.

"People around the world tend to divorce during and around the fourth year of marriage," she said.

20/20 tried to find out where the myth of seven years came from — why seven years? One possibility is that it was adapted from an old wives' tale about poison ivy — that if you ever get poison ivy, the itch will return every seven years. But what Fisher seems to suggest is that humans lack the persistence of poison ivy.

So if the seven-year-itch isn't a total myth, it's just a little mistake in math.


- clearly i am missing research.

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:51:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Bevis,

glad that you both had fun on the anniversary. I remember the wedding as if it was yesterday, and those lyrics. Good on you both.

I too enjoyed Superman Returns. The dialogue was fast paced and intelligent, the flight scenes particularly good. Did not see the family "twist" element coming for awhile though (admittedly it was pretty hard to miss after the piano incident).

Hope everything continues to go well with Wifey's pregnancy.

Very best wishes.

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:26:00 pm, Blogger Chai said...

Sickening.

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 1:43:00 pm, Blogger Susanne said...

Aw Bevis, that was so sweet! I hope somebody thinks of me in that way someday if I become pregnant :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home