I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Coldplay Tonight

(I know, I know -- I'm not very good at this 'blog hiatus' thing, am I!)


----------------------------


I just wanted to touch base and let you know that Wifey and I are off to see these guys tonight at Rod Laver Arena:




I bought Wifey the tickets as part of her collection of Christmas presents back in (not surprisingly) December. She was delighted at the time. But then again, we didn't realise that within ten days we were going to fall pregnant.

It turns out that Youth Group is the support band, which is pretty cool. Wifey likes some of their work as well.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy the night, seeing as I was up late last night trying to send a job application through on email (which didn't go through) and then up again early this morning trying again (it still didn't go through until 11:30am). So I'm pretty tired ... and I'm not really a fan of either band. (I don't mind either band's work; I guess I'm not really much of a 'concert' guy.) Wifey, now six months up the duff, may also feel less than 100% by the time we get there.

But I'm sure the performances will snap us out of the dolldrums and we'll have a great time.

At least I hope so.




----------------------------


We now return you to your regularly-scheduled blog hiatus. Frequent updates will continue at TV Is My Life in the meantime.


.

5 Comments:

At Monday, July 03, 2006 2:59:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

A colleague of mine went to see them on Sunday, said it was great.
Many suprises he said.
He also touched Chris Martin's chest, ewwww!!!

 
At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 8:19:00 am, Blogger Riss said...

So how was the show? And can I drop some chocolate brownies over to Katie this weekend seeing as how she missed out at dinner the other day? I've decided I need to perfect my recipe but I don't want to eat it all myself.

No, that's wrong, I do want to eat it all myself but by giving stuff away it means I won't have access to the stuff. :)

 
At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 12:48:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thanks guys.

You won't believe this, but by 5 o'clock last night, I was feeling really unwell ... AND I COULDN'T GO!

Now, even though I said in the post that I wasn't a huge fan, I was still looking forward to going to the concert! And so was Wifey.

She'd been very excited about seeing Coldplay with me, but in the end we had to call a friend who loves the band but had missed out on tickets, just so she had someone to go with (and obviously it was a last-minute thing).

We were both pretty disappointed, but at least she got to enjoy the show while I recovered from whatever it was that was ailing me. I've got a cold, but it wasn't that. Today I'm still very weary and have a sore throat, but the mysterious illness from last night seems to have passed.

OF COURSE IT HAS!

Oh well, what's $160-odd between friends?

Clokeeeey, Wifey filled me in on the 'surprises', and very nearly got to touch Chris Martin as well! Not sure if it would have been on his chest (without meaning to sound suggestive, there), but when he ran up into the crowd, he came straight for their section and passed by a couple of metres from her!

Riss, thank you for that kind offer. I have put it to the judge and jury, and she said, "Ohhhhh, yes yes yes! I want to eat them all now!", so I think your suggestion will be acceptable. :) Thanks for that!

 
At Friday, July 07, 2006 11:39:00 am, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

OHHHH- I LOVE COLDPLAY!! I've seen them twice, so far & they are EXCELLENT in concert!! Have fun!!
~Fab : )

 
At Friday, July 07, 2006 11:39:00 am, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Oh crap- I just read your last comment- BUMMER!!
Fab : (

 

Post a Comment

<< Home