I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Off To Work I Go ...

Tomorrow is go day. (Everyone keeps thinking it's today, but that's alright. I have one more day of freedom and laziness and no responsibilities, so I'm happy for people to think otherwise. However, it might become difficult and awkward if people ring me tonight and ask me how my "first day" went.)

But tomorrow is go day. I go in to my new workplace, I meet people, I get shown to a desk, I learn the ropes, and I do stuff, and within eight hours I become proficient at everything required of me. Otherwise I might get fired.

I don't really feel nervous ... I never did, through any of my interviews ... but I know the whole "get up really early and stay awake all day" thing is going to take its toll. At least this first week! I've kind of gotten used to "keeping my own time" since quitting my last job in February.

What's that I hear you say? "Lazy slob?" Hey, when your biggest appointment for the day is in the smallest room in the house, you can afford to take it easy!

(The smallest room in our house isn't actually the toilet - it's the study. I was referring to my time online, thankyouverymuch!)

Anyway, if you don't hear from me for a few days, it could be because I'm snowed under at my new job. Or I could just be really slack. Either way, I'm sure you'll cope. Speak to you soon.


.

6 Comments:

At Monday, September 18, 2006 1:50:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 3:26:00 am, Blogger Gianluca Di Milano said...

good lucks. You're have the new job? What is? i was very surprising that is snow in austria. I was think austria is contry very fuck hot, no?

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:44:00 am, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

After writing Big Blogger scripts, a day at the office should be pretty simple by comparison.

Looking forward to reading about it soon.

Good luck.

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:54:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

good luck. you'll be fine.

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 2:26:00 pm, Blogger Travis Cotton said...

After a week, demand a pay rise. If they don't give it to you, quit.

This is my advice to you.

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 3:16:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Enny, thank you!

Gianluca Di Milano, your support is very much appreciated. It took me a couple of re-reads of my post to see what you meant about the 'snow' reference. But then I realised my "snowed under" comment must have confused you, you poor little mock-Italian man. Fair enough. You're right, Australia is a very hot country, so I really have no excuse. You have bested me, sir. You have bested me.

I'm Not Craig, that's a good point. Except one isn't quite as much fun as the other. I won't spell out which is which, because I have friends from both sides who read this thing ...

MelbourneGirl, much obliged. Cheers. x

Problematic, that's easy for YOU to say! Are you gonna support me when I find myself unemployed again? (Don't answer that.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home