I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thank Youse All

In the time since Wifey spewed forth our delightful child Sweetums, a lot of people have said and done a lot of lovely things for us. So this is where I publicly thank you all.

To those on the blogosphere who emailed or SMSed me with kind words and lovely sentiments, namely Jellyfish, Adam, Tuppence, SBR, Riss, La Nadine, Ms Fits, Noshie, Her Radicalness, Colls Bolls, Javatari, Spankk, and Clokeeeey ... it's been wonderful to be remembered in amongst your own busy lives and it means a lot that you took the time to send an email or SMS for our big event. We thank you!

To those friends of ours who have dropped off one or more meals for us, namely Cam & Em, Jon & Kaffrin, Leigh & Bec, Kerrin & Sarah, Derek & Jo, Cale & Col, Tim & Sarah, and Phil & Mary ... thanks to you guys we haven't had to cook a meal since we came home from the hospital two Mondays ago, and we still have a week's worth of meals in the freezer, so we REALLY appreciate such generous assistance from each of you where it counts the most! We thank you!

To everyone who's left a comment for either of my previous two posts (as well as here and here and here), your encouragement, good wishes and general love & support have been much appreciated and brought a smile to our faces! We thank you!

To those poor Big Blogger readers (which is probably just the twenty Housemates and Adam) who are waiting and waiting on the damn Final episode, I promise it's coming! I work on it a little each night but my time is understandably (I trust) being taken by other matters in our household at present, so it's taking a lot longer to complete than I'd expected. It will come, and I hope you'll think it was worth the wait. For your patience and understanding, I thank you!

Last (but far from least), a HUGE thank you to all our family and friends who've visited, called, rung, emailed, SMSed, and/or sent us a card or gift: WE THANK YOU! There simply aren't words to adequately describe how much it's meant to us.

We are overwhelmed, and yes - Sweetums is a gorgeous baby who's pretty much an angel.

Normal blogging will resume shortly ...


.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:08:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

a'hem

 
At Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:38:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hehe ... yes?

You're in TWO of the groups of people I thanked! Those who commented on the posts I linked to from this one, and those wonderful people who are patiently waiting for the Big Blogger Grand Finale.

(I only named those who emailed me specifically. Serves me right for naming some and not others, I guess.)

No hard feelings. Everyone's well wishes and support have been highly appreciated. That was kinda the whole point of the post.

x

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006 1:21:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

I'm reading Big Blogger. It does take me ages to read them as my lunch is only 30 minutes so I have to read the posts in bits (and I'm even a speed-reader!).

Keep up the good work! (Why isn't someone paying you to do this stuff??)

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006 3:19:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

i know i'm being petulant, but...

i guess there are no buts.

sorry.

rock on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home