I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Avert Thine Eyes!

I was sort of surprised last night when both Wifey and her sister didn't know this already. After seeing the ad on TV for like the hundredth time for Kylie's new "Darling" perfume, I casually remarked to Wifey about the shape of the bottle.

I presumed Wifey had realised, but she hadn't. When she asked her sister about it, her sister's eyes were also opened.

I'm not assuming no one else has seen this. I can't be the only one. But a cursory look through the online media on the subject doesn't reveal anyone actually saying this. Is it possible I'm one of only a few people to see what they've done here?

I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about, gentle readers. You're all very smart, I can tell. So let's not all show off, okay? But take a look at the bottle again:













These pics aren't the best, but I couldn't find an image online as clear as the one on the TV ad, so maybe look carefully at it on the telly next time the ad comes on if you can't see it well enough here.

Does it look like Kylie's signature shape to anyone else?

I think it's clever, and I don't know why they haven't come right out and told everyone what it is. I reckon it's a good marketing strategy. They shouldn't pretend the bottle's all innocent when it's actually such a good idea.

Anyway, my sister-in-law now thinks I'm mighty clever for spotting this, so I can live with that.

Either that, or she thinks I'm a perv.


.

12 Comments:

At Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:58:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

pic 3 does show a bottle that looks like a bottom. you can see the cleft. this is the first time i've seen the product. it's a very big bottom, er bottle isn't it?

probably the answer is you are both clever and a perve. but in a nice way.

x

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 2:43:00 pm, Blogger John said...

I....do believe you're right! There is an angle that they won't use in the advertising.

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 5:37:00 pm, Blogger The Red Setter said...

it's a bottom!

I quickly averted my eyes as soon as I figured it out.

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 12:40:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a really big bottle or is Kyles really as small as the papers say?

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:49:00 pm, Blogger Fluffy said...

they tried 'kylie's arse' as a name but it tested poorly with the target audience.


of course, i jest.

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:21:00 pm, Blogger Ang said...

I live in a bubble, so I had never seen the product...in fact I didnt even know that she was coming out with one...Saying that as soon as I looked, I saw it. Granted, I was looking for it!

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:11:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

they also tried it as "arse du kylie", and that didn't go well with test audiences.

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:38:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hehe ... perhaps I should be asking all you clever people for alternate suggestions for the name of Kylie's perfume, given the shape of the bottle. I could have made it a competition. 'Guess The Smell Of Kylie's Butt-Fragrance' or something.

I'll go with 'Eau de Derriere' and leave the rest of you to come up with something more amusing.

(And a big friendly welcome to first-time commenter The Red Setter!)

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 3:43:00 pm, Blogger sublime-ation said...

It also kind of looks boob-like.

Subliminal.

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 6:07:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the overall proportions of the cleft look more like the front bottom to me

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 6:11:00 pm, Blogger Susanne said...

I can't believe I didn't notice that!

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:33:00 pm, Blogger meva said...

I agree with anon. It looks like lady bits to me. Gives a whole new meaning to eau de toilette.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home