I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

From Strength To Strength

Things are going well in the BEVIS household at the moment. We have an adorable new son who lights up our life, we have a new car that we got for a great price, Christmas is around the corner (and that’s good news for everybody!), and today ... on the ten week anniversary of me getting this job ... I was promoted to Team Leader.

It may not sound very special at first, but consider the following:

(a) It’s more money (Boo-yah!)

(b) It’s more responsibility (which I love)

(c) The people who trained me and showed me the ropes in my first few weeks here will report to me from Monday

(d) In the six years I spent at my former workplace, I was never once considered for any kind of promotion (which says more about the people in the management roles back there than it does about me)

(e) It’s a long-overdue validation for me that I’m able to do good stuff

(f) It’s more money (I know I said that, but after seven months of unemployment, we’re really feeling the sting at the moment and it’s going to be our 'leanest' Christmas ever)

(g) I get to choose which direction I want the department to go in (I’m thinking ‘blogging’)

(h) The people here are ace

(i) The business is fantastic

(j) The job is gnarly

(k) I can’t believe I’m up to "(k)" already!

(l) I get a work mobile phone (my first such work phone)

(m) I don’t have to work longer hours or do anything else I’d consider 'worse' than my current role

(n) I can write this post during work hours without fear of being busted because I’M THE NEW BOSS, DAMMIT

(o) <-- That looks like a nipple

(p) I’m only one level underneath the four main managers of the place, now (with a view on the top job – they’d all better watch their backs!)

(q) Although I still have a female manager myself, for once in my working life I’ve got female ‘underlings’ (which might sound like a bad word to use, but I definitely prefer it to ‘inferiors’), instead of always being the one guy in a team of females ... I now RUN the team of females! It’s a small difference, but one I’m grabbing with both hands

(r) The outgoing Team Leader is a wonderful woman, but my manager has asked me to be more of a take-charge person than she was, meaning she’s basically asked me to run the team however I wish, but making myself all self-important is fine with her!

(s) It’s more money (this really is a good thing)

(t) Wifey’s allowed to bring Sweetums into the office anytime I want (this was actually the case anyway, but now I don’t have to ask anyone’s permission!) ... (sorta)

(u) I’ll get the Team Leader’s work credit card so I can take the team out to lunch whenever I feel like it

(v) I can also decide (within reason) if I want to leave early to see Sweetums

(w) I get to bring bags of lollies in to the office so my underlings will think I’m the best boss EVER

(x) Wifey thinks I look sexy in a suit

(y) Two words: PARTY FRIDAY!

(z) ... And that’s a whole alphabet full of reasons!

Although Wifey and I won’t be in a financial position to go out and celebrate for about a month or two, I wanted to let you guys know (you’re like family, after all*), because I’m very excited and proud of myself.

Like I said, it’d be very small potatoes to many people, but to me this is evidence that the BEVIS household is going from strength to strength.


* That reminds me ... I must remember to tell my family the news ...


.

13 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:09:00 pm, Blogger meva said...

Give me a B! Give me an E! Give me a VIS!

Well. Done. BEVIS!!!

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 9:46:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

well done you, young frog. congrats and all that. and what do you mean you must remember to tell your family?

'tis done!

oh, you mean THAT family?

all right then, gah head.

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:13:00 pm, Blogger Enny said...

Congratulations (with some jealousy as I think I'm training a new person to become my boss...)

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:49:00 am, Blogger Ang said...

WOOHOO!! You are rolling in it! And remember, good things come in threes...you have one more coming to you!

ps Christmas isnt really good news for everyone. Some of us are stuck in backwards country that only celebrates christmas to the extent that we must put the rugrats through christmas boot camp to put on the best christmas show ever...but still must work chtistmas day...
*wallowing in self pity!*

YAY YOU!!!

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:40:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

delurking to say:


CONGRATULATIONS!

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:29:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news Bevis, that is so good to hear. Now you can employ wifey & put Sweetums on the payrol and have a family coup & take over the entire business!
Mwahahahahahahah!

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 11:58:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Bevis.
*CLAPS LOUDLY*
I know how great it feels to be appreciate at last to.
SO the work credit card huh....beer o'clock on you this Friday, Yee haa!!

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:25:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Excellent work young man!! I was an unemployed bum for 4 months this year and I'm still catching up so I can imagine this promotion has come at a very awesome time!

I'm glad you're working with ace people - at the end of the day, the actual work isn't as important as who you got to hang out with.

In your faces old job!! Congrats dude!

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:28:00 pm, Blogger sublime-ation said...

I'm so happy for you B, I remember when you were having probs at the last job cause they were, well, crap. I'm so glad you left and that things are going well.
Good for you.

 
At Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:29:00 am, Blogger Kris said...

Most people would of used bullet heads, asteriks, or even numbers to list their points..but the fact you used the alphabet instead shows me why you were the creative genius promoted to team leader.

Kudos!

 
At Thursday, November 30, 2006 8:46:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Well done. Keep it up and soon you'll have me applying to be your Secretary again. :)

Love,
Riss.

 
At Thursday, November 30, 2006 11:06:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

My sincere thanks to all of you for your kind comments. Special thanks to recent 'delurker' Kel - welcome! I'm honoured that you came out of hiding to congratulate me. Cheers.

 
At Saturday, December 09, 2006 1:17:00 am, Blogger Susanne said...

Fabulous news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home