I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Tonight Is Novembuur Night

Wifey's on her way home from the first Melbourne U2 concert, which (as you probably know) was re-scheduled from earlier in the year. You may also recall that I bought Wifey a single ticket to the first show (because that's all that was available at the time, although she went with friends) for Valentine's Day, and then U2 postponed their gigs anyway (as fully documented here).

The postponing of the shows turned out to be a very good thing for us, because we found out not long after buying the ticket that Wifey was pregnant, and she would have been heavily pregnant at the time of the original concerts (well ... she'd still have been pregnant, anyway). And in the "mosh pit" (general admission - the no seating area). Tonight, of course, I'm on babysitting duty.

And loving it.

Sweetums really is a wonderful baby. He ate and slept and enjoyed his "Daddy cuddles" ... and that was that. Delightful.

I really do enjoy being a father.

I also managed to re-watch (and take notes on) the penultimate episode of TGYH, so once I get a chance to sit down and type it all up, my review will be posted on my TV blog. (For those of you who're waiting.)

Wifey rang me when she left our friends' house about ten minutes ago, so she should be home any second. Which is good, because Sweetums has just woken up and he's crying for food.

But it's Wifey's turn now. Surely I can't be expected to look after him for more than eight hours in a row??!!


.

5 Comments:

At Monday, November 20, 2006 12:56:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

Awww bless ya. Did she have a good time>
I thought they were awesome.

 
At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:45:00 pm, Blogger Kris said...

Not unless you learn to breast feed.

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:16:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man that can do THAT to his lounge room can do anything! Breast feeding wouldn't surprise me.

 
At Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:16:00 am, Blogger Donovan S. Brain said...

You call your kid 'Sweetums?' There's a lullaby that goes with that name, y'know.

 
At Saturday, November 25, 2006 7:18:00 am, Blogger Unknown said...

U2!!! that was the greatest show in many, many years!! (the last one was also a U2 in 2001, mind you, i'm not that adventurous).

the fact that you stayed at home while she goes, impresses me.

baffling, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home