I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Friday, November 17, 2006

TV Is My Life ... Interior Design Ain't

I installed my own flatscreen TV yesterday. I feel pretty proud of myself, too.




It's not easy being green ... or brilliant.

I bought myself a flatscreen TV last week, and installed it in our loungeroom myself yesterday. I did a great job, too.

I’m not at all ‘technically-minded’, so it took quite a bit of motivation (the promise of a working TV) to fire me up enough until I was ready to tackle such a huge home-handyman project.

I went to Bunnings and I bought my tools.

I brought them home and laid them out on the loungeroom floor.

I reached for the phone to call someone who’d come and do this for me. (Who’d do it? An electrician? A furniture removalist? A plumber?)

I was tackled to the ground by Wifey, who was adamant that I do this one myself.

I spent days poring over he instructions so I’d know what I was doing.

And then I attempted it.

The end result is … we have a working, full-operational, gigantatron of a television set in our loungeroom. And flatscreen is always the best.

And the best thing is … I did it all myself.





(Did I get you for a minute, there?)


.

7 Comments:

At Friday, November 17, 2006 7:29:00 pm, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

you know whats gonna look great in about 10 months time? hand prints. heaps of hand prints. all over your flat screen tv. and every couple of months you'll have to keep wiping higher and higher as sweetums grows

enjoy your clean screen teevee while you can

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 3:35:00 am, Blogger thr said...

wot she said, with bells on it

thomasr

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 10:46:00 am, Blogger Fluffy said...

You did indeed have me going for a minute! And littlefaeriegirl seems to still be there. The great thing is that someone out there genuinely has the entire ass of their huge tv hanging out in another room. Genius! I might convert my regular telly into a flat screen CEILING TELLY. Inspired! Now where do I get one of those plasterer's saws and some strong twine...

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 11:28:00 am, Blogger meva said...

I love the second shot. Interior design by The Young Ones.

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 3:22:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

half got me, but i was thinking to myself: what's he doing spending money on THAT when snookums needs nappies and mobiles and chew toys etc. and just wait until he starts wearing shoes, you should be stashing it was now for the shoes. shoes are really expensive. like really. really.

so glad it was all a TRICK.

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:14:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

ceiling telly!

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:18:00 pm, Blogger John said...

I don't swear often, and I know you don't, but that is one big motherf*cking TV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home