I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My Claim To Fame For Today

International readers won't get anything out of today's post, sorry.

In fact, neither will interstate readers.

This one's just for Victorians, I'm afraid. (But don't let that put the rest of you off. Victorian readers will be just as bored as anyone else ...)

Brace yourselves for this Earth-shattering fact:

You know the recent Nova FM TV commercial, where Hughesy, Kate & Dave visit 'Meredith in Balwyn' about the angry email she sent them complaining that Hughesy was singing that irritating advertising jingle "Mama's making Kantong" so they brought over a whole choir of singers dressed in racially offensive Asian garb to sing it at her house ad nauseum?

Well, I know Meredith!

(Pause for dramatic gasp from audience.)


She went to my school and we knew each other semi-well for a while there.*

That is all.



Send all requests for autographs to:

BEVIS
c/- Post Office Box 1
In your capital city



* I could try to 'prove' it by telling you her surname, but that wouldn't actually prove anything and might only lead to her being stalked, seeing as you'd all be able to use her full name to find her address easily enough ...

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:19:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

I haven't actually seen that particular commerical, but I'll be hanging by my beanbag until I do.

Whoa!

Do I have to mail in my request with a self-addressed envelope? Will I get a classy black and white photo of you?

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:06:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is more limited to just Victorians as you state, but those living in the Melbourne area. As those of us in the country here in Wangaratta don't receive these ads. Just a heads up for next time

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:17:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Am I allowed to ask another question?

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:20:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Do you have to mail in your request with a stamped self-addressed envelope? Yes.

Will you receive a signed photo of me? Yes.

Will it be classy? No.

(The photo will be a grubby passport-sized out-of-focus shot of me holding the camera myself with my thumb blocking a third of the frame.)

Are you excited about this prospect? I should hope not.

----------

And thanks for the heads up, Jimmy. Wangaratta is a lovely place ... or so my Nanna tells me.

----------

Adam: Of course you can, if you think I can be trusted with answering it.

(Or was that question in fact the question you were asking if you could ask?)

I'm confused ...

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:15:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Don't be confused young man, I wanted to ask a brand new question.

It is, perhaps boringly, about the Muppets again.

Is there any Muppet characters that you have no interest in? Conversely, are there any characters that made you laugh every time?

 
At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:48:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Whoa! Two more excellent questions. I shall answer them in due course. Thanks!

(And there is nothing boring about The Muppets, dude!)

:)

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:22:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Cotton: I'm not sure if you're referring to The Muppets, or Hughesy, Kate & Dave, or the choir of "Mama's making Kantong" singers, or what.

But you seem very angry.

C'mon now, let The Muppets cheer you up with their child-like and heart-warming innocence and good humour.

Just put the gun down.

 
At Friday, June 30, 2006 3:08:00 pm, Blogger Chewy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 3:55:00 pm, Blogger Chewy said...

sorry...i stuffed up the link, and now the page has been removed. Sorry!

 
At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 2:37:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

No worries Chewy, although I wish I knew what the link was for!

And as for the question you asked in the deleted comment: Yes, I do really know her.

Well, maybe 'did' is the better word for it. I haven't seen her in many years but we were certainly at the same school together. In plays and musicals and stuff.

I guess I'm just brilliant, huh.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home