I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Muppet Question # 5 Answered

Adam asked me the following question almost a month ago:


At Monday, September 05, 2005 6:05:14 PM, Adam said...

Why do you like the Muppets so much?



Well, Adam, thank you for asking. (And my apologies for the tardiness of my reply.)

I suppose the simple answer is because I have always loved them, and it takes me back to my childhood, and I still find them adorable/funny/clever/an escapism today, and because now that I know so much trivia and stuff about them, they’ve become ‘my thing’. People see the Muppets, they think of BEVIS.

But let’s look into each of the above ‘reasons’ a little more closely. Let’s scrunitise the logic a bit. As the highly-regarded female philosopher B. Ohn-Say once sang, ‘Break it down, now!’

1) I have always loved them – a fairly simple statement; as if written by a simpleton, in fact. A totally self-contained phrase that doesn't really tell us anything useful.

2) It takes me back to my childhood – well, so do chocolate sundaes, but you don’t see me setting up whole blogsites on the topic, do you!*

3) I still find them adorable/funny/clever/an escapism today – congratulations, sad sack. Maybe you need to get away for a while. Or get out more often. Or get a life, even. Retard.

4) I know so much about them, they’ve become ‘my thing’. People see the Muppets, they think of BEVIS – this is possibly the cheesiest and most ridiculously arrogant and self-involved thing I think I’ve ever said. What a tosser! I'd let down my tyres in the car park, if I were you.**

Yep, I’m in a bad mood with myself at the moment, and I’m not even sure why. OK, yeah – it’s Monday and I’m tired and I could be out there being fun and wacky, but instead I’m sitting at my desk, blogging myself, and I have a meeting in a couple of hours that’s sure to put me to sleep.

Adam, I guess you got your answer, anyway. Because I’m a very sad case indeed.

But I suppose being sad makes me happy, because even in this dark moment, I still think of the Muppets and feel myself being filled with happiness and joy. They're very good at doing that. So I like them. Much.



* I think I'll do this, actually. Good idea!

** No, not you, Riss. Because you actually know which car is mine.

5 Comments:

At Monday, September 26, 2005 10:45:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Channy will do it "Beverage Style"

 
At Monday, September 26, 2005 1:52:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Methinks your car would be easier to find this week also...

Of course, I'd be more likely to arrange to have it cleaned than deflated so you're safe there.

Sorry that you're not feeling particularly chirpy today. I hope your mood improves soon and that you feel happier.

It's only four sleeps until Friday.

Mmm, sleep.

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:07:00 am, Blogger Riss said...

I think you could have a better go at answering Adam's question when you're not so blue.

But then it's not that easy being green...

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:55:00 am, Blogger Adam said...

Why thank you Bevis. Thanks for breaking down each of the comments, those were quite, some, um, clarifying descriptions. I think everyone can take something special away.

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:21:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Yeah ... hopefully far away ...

I hope to do better next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home