I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Covering Off On A Few Things

Alright, I've got a few loose ends to tie up here.

1) The cops thing: I'm not underestimating the devastating situation that was at play on Sunday night. A guy was killed, and at the time I had my little conversation of joy with the grumpy policeman, the killer was unaccounted for. It was a dangerous and upsetting time. I get that, and I wasn't trying to be flippant about a serious situation. (No one has told me off for this, but I wanted to qualify my previous post with the above statement.)

2) Snowballs: This person threw one at my window the other day and scared the crap out of me. She is evil and likes to kill kittens. So why were there snowballs outside my office window this week? (Note to our overseas friends - it's not winter down here.)

3) Talk Like A Pirate Day: I've Talked Like A Pirate on Talk Like A Pirate Day for four years now. But this year things overtook me and I was too caught up in 'Stuff' to give it the due time it deserved. I Talked Like A Pirate once on the day, though, so it wasn't a total waste. But compared to the previous few years when 80% or more of my Talking has been Like A Pirate, this year seems a little weak. That's why I left the Talk Like A Pirate Day post to Elaine*, who knows more about these things than I ever will. If only they created a Talk Like A Muppet Day, then everyone could defer to me and I could be the guru of All Things for a day, and that'd be cool.

4) The Swans beat St Kilda! (And you can see why - the Swannies are an impressive bunch, as that photo shows.) Ha! to you all. That is all.

5) My earlier post about jobs: It was interesting to see how many people were being serious, and how many were having a bit of a laugh. I reckon the ratio's 9:5, with 2 or so giving a mix of both. But I've only glanced quickly through those figures, so they aren't necessarily accurate.

6) Well done and thank you to Little Faerie, who was the 1,000th visitor to my blog (at least since I installed the counter). You win my respect (Muppet-related and otherwise). I can actually vouch for her claim, as I was the 1,001st visitor, and saw her comment come in. Plus, librarians don't lie. At least not unless they're whispering.

7) My heartfelt apologies to Adam, to whose Muppet question of about a year ago I am yet to reply. I swear it's coming soon, dude, not that he probably cares anymore. (If, indeed, he ever really did. *sniff*)

That's about it. The above is a messy jumble of thoughts, but hopefully you either waded your way through it, or you didn't. Meh.



* Although I did know what landlubber means, when I left a comment on her site on Monday. I just don't think my sentence made sense. I was putting piratey words into a sentence, not necessarily directing them at anyone.

3 Comments:

At Friday, September 23, 2005 2:49:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Snowballs!

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 4:19:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Er, ... yes.

Stop eating the glue-stick at work!

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:42:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

The glue-sticks are safely locked away.

But I do have access to the keys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home