I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

What's Your Calling?

OK, I'm bored. Very few of the blogs I regularly visit have updated anything yet today. Not this one*, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one, nor this one. What’s going on out there?!

This one has, though. And so has this one. So it’s not all bad.

And then there’s this one, for which I can never see a date. But I’m sure that’s my stupidity, not hers.

Please see the disclaimer below.**

So I got to wonderin’: What do you all do during the day? And then I got to wonderin’: What do you all wish you did during the day? I don’t mean ‘sleep-in a lot and eat junk food’ – I’m talking about what actual job you wish you had for a living.

So in the interests of public opinion***, I was hoping whoever reads this would please leave a comment below, stating:

a) Your actual job

b) Your dream job

What do you do from 9am to 5pm (or whatever your ‘regular’ work hours are)? And what legitimate job do you aspire to do?

If you’re fortunate enough to already have your dream job, kindly sod off. (Not really – good on you, I’d love to hear from you too.) But otherwise, let’s all naval-gaze and see how close (or otherwise) we are to getting to where we want to be with our occupations.

I’ll start:

a) Web editor

b) Writer, actor, film maker, copy editor.

And you?



* OK, while I was creating this post, this one was updated. But I’m not changing my links now. It took too long to set up!

**These ‘update status’ reports are likely to be inaccurate by the time you check them. But as I composed this post, this is how many had been updated.

*** ie. I just want to know.

15 Comments:

At Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:15:00 pm, Blogger elaine said...

a) work for the government*

b) I have no idea! I quite like aspects of my job and I couldn't work for someone whose ideals don't align with my own but I'm not all that ambitious when it comes to work. I'm more interested in making my life outside of work what I want it to be and pursue non-work interests**. I don't want my job to define my life.


* and I don't mean 'I am on the dole' though I have used that euphemism in the past when I have been recieving social security benefits

** craft, multimedia (in the craft not tachnological sense) art, design and sewing. That sorta thing.

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:57:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a) My current job is writer, actor, film maker, copy editor

b) My dream job is web editor

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:45:00 pm, Blogger ms fits said...

a) professional hedonist and layabout.

b) professional eater and travel writer.

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:12:00 pm, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

a) pretty librarian mother (so ive been told)

b) actor, writer (of better things than my blog), sitter-rounderer and drinker of tea

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:25:00 pm, Blogger Cape Man said...

a) Technology project manager.

b) Work for Jean Todt at Ferrari F1.

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:10:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

a) move the cones at training at the Lexus Centre.

b) I always wanted to by.....

A Lumberjack!!!!

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 11:35:00 am, Blogger Sherriff said...

a) Attempted Playboy

b) Successful Playboy. International Division.

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 11:44:00 am, Blogger You've Got What I Need... said...

a) bartender.

b) stand-up comedian.

somehow the two don't seem so very different.

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 2:41:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

a) office manager

b) I'll get back to you on that one, I'm a bit busy at my day job (which is good, really).

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 5:19:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Okay, back again...

b) Successful vocal and characterisation coach for theatre productions and/or performances, piano repetiteur, piano tuner, sound producer, all-round good friend and confidante, a Mum and wife.

And lots more that I'm sure I haven't thought of yet. Those goal posts keep moving...

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 7:16:00 pm, Blogger sublime-ation said...

a) cultural commentator: censored i.e paid to write books not blogs
b) cultural commentator: uncensored i.e paid to write blogs not books

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 10:03:00 pm, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

!!!!!!

i was the 1000th visitor to your blog, do i win a prize? muppet related or otherwise?

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005 10:26:00 am, Blogger LadyCracker said...

a) The Devil i.e Public Relations for a record and film company.

b)Brilliant thinker ahead of my time, Shit hot Photographer, Burlesque Dancer

 
At Wednesday, September 21, 2005 11:14:00 am, Blogger DJ said...

a) DJ

b) DJ

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 3:48:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dream job is to be Editor in Chief of an independent magazine where I can print whatever I want and take risks and publish silly things just because I feel like it. Which is what I do for a living, but I still hate it most of the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home