I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Mr Mom Mum

Wifey's been quite sick these past 24 hours, so I've been playing Mother And Father In One. It's interesting to see what a single parent has to deal with - and me with only one child!

Because Wifey's got some kind of gastro bug, we don't want Sweetums (or me, for that matter) getting it, so I'm doing all feedings, nappy changes, play times, cuddles and what-not. It's very tiring through the night, but it's mostly enjoyable (if a little constant and interrupting) during the day.

Sweetums loves it when he's lying on his playmat (or changing table) and I make him laugh. All I have to do is smile at him, and he's off. (It must be something about my face.) He's been very patient with me while I boil the water for his feeds (and then while we wait for it to cool), and is captivated by both the TV (which I'm now calling "the light and sound box", but won't be changing the title of my TV blog to emulate this) and the Baby Sesame Street book, "Clang-Clang! Bang-Bang!"



Our copy of this book has a built-in rattle
(not pictured here) that equally amazes Sweetums.



So what have I discovered about being a single parent? Well, for one thing, it's very hard to find time to blog! But apart from that, your sleep is severely spasmodic (and I don't have to deal with being physically drained - in more ways than one - through the miracle of breastfeeding), your work is never done, and it doesn't take very long at all to jump from one 'need' to the next.

At least when Wifey and I are both up-and-about, we can share the load and look after Sweetums in 'shifts' of sorts. When you're on your own, there's no such luxury.

Let's here it for all the single parents out there, especially those with a house full of kids! Well done to you all. I'm glad I'm not you.

Wifey returns to active duty as of tomorrow morning. I'll be sleeping in.


.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, December 30, 2006 5:53:00 pm, Blogger Q said...

Hey Bevis #2! [or is it Bevis The First? oh the confliction]

I just found your second, almost as adorable comment, and realised I still hadn't said MERRY FIRST BABY CHRISTMAS.

How exciting. Its so all about the kids.


I've been offline due to the wifi fairy taking off, presumably for christmas celebrations. BUT, they seem to have returned now, so yippee! Its like my umbilical cord was reattached.

Thats a good thing. You ask sweetums, he'll concur.


And yes, it is really really WACK that I have been a regularly occasional visitor of your green land for damn near 18 months and never once tweaked that you were related to OTHER Bevis and that may mean that I have even met you, now that I think on't...


Did you see Features...?

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:56:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

"Features"?? More information, please.

I'm the first BEVIS, the best BEVIS, and the only BEVIS (which kinda negates the previous two).

My little bro always copied me (he's copied me with everything I've ever done in my entire life - writing, acting, cartooning, comedy, drumming - so that's made it really irritating when he's inevitably turned out to be better than me at each of those things), but I put my foot down when it came to usurping my nickname.

Remember: It's simply "BEVIS" ... and as the jingle goes, 'All caps, all the time'. I never said it was my name; it could be an acronym or simply a private moniker from days gone by, for all anyone around here knows. My bro just used the first three letters, dropped the E and V into lower case, and is known as 'Bev' on the Sydney band circuit.

I guess I should be flattered, but when the band makes it big I'm gonna sue the pants off them for my stolen identity.

Muha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!

So if anyone asks, you don't know my brother's (and therefore my) first OR last name, okay? Thanks. I'm pretty precious about my anonymity on the web.

But I'm not as precious about the way I expect "BEVIS" to be written ... which is why I don't bother correcting people when they write it in lower case as if it's a name, like this: "Bevis". That's fine with me. I can cope with it. There are bigger problems in the world.

Like what I'm gonna do now with my life-size Saddam Hussein doll, which I intended to use to lure the US military out of the Middle East by tying a string to its leg and dragging it away, inch by inch, as they scrambled to keep up. It was a FOOLPROOF plan, I tells ya! But now I'll have to think up something else.

Anyone got an Osama doll?



PS - Thanks for the 'First Baby Christmas' greeting. We had a fantastic time.

PPS - I checked with my bro over Christmas (yes, we spoke of you!), and apparently you and I have never met.

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006 10:53:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Sorry to hear that Wifey wasn't too well and that you couldn't join us last night.

Juice and I made ice-cream.

It was blue.

...Thinking about it, it was probably a good idea that you didn't come...

 
At Monday, January 01, 2007 6:08:00 am, Blogger Q said...

Wow THE BEST AND ONLY BEVIS [Not his real name]

These are the the longest comments I ever did see!

And *nudge nudge* I was purposely ambiguous with certain parts of my posting, in order than I may protect the coveted anonymity of you and yours. I fully appreciate your vigilance.

And the letter/blood thing just gave that added emphasis, thanks :-)

If lil bro reckons we havent met, then we probably haven't. Was just running through the shows/gigs in my head that he may have had family at... That one was a particularly family UNfriendly one though. My sisters are still scarred.

It weirds me out that you would be speaking of me at Christmas, too. Levels of wack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home