I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

(Of Course, ... I Was Already Loved ...)

Uh-oh! I'm in trouble!

La Nadine, the effluent young lady who recently changed the colour scheme on her blog to the amazement and joy and dizziness of us all, read my post from yesterday and was duly offended.

As is her right.

I was amiss in neglecting to state yesterday that Ms Fits is not the first person to link to my blog. That honour (or sickness, as the case may be) goes to La Nadine, whose grotty mouth and rancid night-time activities have well-and-truly earned her a high ranking on my 'Nasty Friends' link list.

So why did I neglect to mention her yesterday?

No reason.

In fact, I remember with some fondness the thrill I received when I first saw that La Nadine had placed a link to my blog in her side menu (which sounds like it could be painful, but it really isn't). I was so delighted that I'd been 'accepted' by one of my fellow bloggers - and not someone I already knew in the real* world - that I sat in awe for a few moments, staring at my own name in her link list, and just 'basked'.

'In the glow', kind of thing.

It was a glorious moment, and one that, until Ms Fits did likewise the other day, has not been repeated since.

Also, while Ms Fits determined that I should be placed as link # 21 on her blog, La Nadine was kind enough to list me as link # SEVENTEEN! That's awesome.

And speaking of me being loved (which is sort of the theme of this post ... kinda), my good friend Riss gave me a belated birthday gift today which she (together with her husband and another friend of ours) had on back-order from an overseas supplier since well-before my actual birthday. So no points are lost for the timing or anything. And check out what it is!

Those of you who remember reading this post will see how wonderful these three friends of mine really are to me!

But like I said yesterday, there's an official Birthday Party Wrap-Up post to come, complete with at least one photo (I hope), and the many other gifts I received, some of which are, of course, Muppet-related.


* Although which world is now more 'real' to me is open to debate ...

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:29:00 pm, Blogger la nadine said...

all better now.

although now i a bit feel funny about my shameless ploy for validation.

oh well.

it'll pass.

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:33:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hey, validation is all these past two entire posts have been for me! :)

So don't worry about that.

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:39:00 pm, Blogger la nadine said...

thanks for validating my comment.

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005 3:36:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

I don't think that's valid.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:45:00 am, Blogger elaine said...

hip hooray! (Would wifey mind if we all touched you inappropriately as a sign of our love?)

Do you have a favourite Muppet episode?

(I like the star wars episode)

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:26:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

I'm very glad that you like your present.

I had it in mind for you when I first saw it advertised.

I'm also glad that no-one else got there first!

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:16:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Cotton: There's just something about your bio pic, dude. The little girl giving me the thumbs up and winking. It's all a little creepy, somehow ...

Elaine: Methinks, somehow, that she might. :) Let's just remain 'bloggy pals' for now. Thanks for the question, though. My answer will follow in its own post (in due course ... you know ... in the fullness of time).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home