I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Free-Feed Weekend

Last weekend, Wifey and I travelled up to the country and stayed with Captain Dingbat ...




... and his very pregnant wife Tennille (shown here three months pregnant).




Together, we had a lovely time, travelling around and visiting the various sample shops, where freebies abound and cheapskates like me can get a free feed. Here are just some of the items we sampled over the course of the weekend:



Cheese. An amazing amount and variety of cheeses. Delicious, delicious, delicious!



Mustard. All kinds of mustards, actually. Chili and fruity and spicy and savoury and vegetably and cheesey and heaps more. Delicious.



Chutney. All kinds, like the mustards.



Crackers. These were actually free with the cheeses, mustards and chutneys, really. But it all counts.



As the picture says: Olives.



Olive oil. All kinds.



Meat pies. These actually weren't free, but they were part of what we ate on the day.



My donut wasn't free either, nor was there a massive bite taken out of it when I got it. Or questions would have been asked.



Meringues. I love 'em! I'm like a little kid when I eat one (in that I get meringue powder all over my face and clothes). I had to pay for it, but it was well worth the price. Mine was a 'Bananas in Pyjamas' themed one. (In the good sense, not the bad sense.)



Wine. Although we didn't technically visit any wineries, we could have, and that's good enough for me to list it here. If you'd been there with us, we'd have dropped in to one as we passed. Just for you.



Chocolates. The Captain and Tennille paid for these, but we scored big time. To be fair, we bought them a small box of chocolates as a 'thank you' for having us. Very civil.



Again, the Captain and Tennille bought the bread, but one loaf was crusty white bread (in the good way), and the other was crusty white bread with olives or something. Great stuff - and Wifey & I scored again! :)



OK, not so much with that last one. We didn't score with Michael Bolton.

All-in-all, we had a great time checking out the Dingbats' new digs, new workplace, new surroundings, etc. They've been up there since February, so it was just crazy that we hadn't visited yet. (They're only four hours away, after all.)

On Saturday afternoon, the Captain taught me how to play (the first part, at least, of) ...




Addictive game.

I know, that came out ages ago - but I hadn't played it before last weekend, and now I want to play it through to the end! Haven't got a PlayStation, though - so that makes that a little difficult. I'll just have to go visit the Captain and Tennille more often, won't I.

(And the correct answer there, Wifey, is 'Yes'.)

------------------------

In one day ...

IT ARRIVES

------------------------

4 Comments:

At Thursday, August 18, 2005 5:09:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what you do all day at work, isn't it.

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005 5:21:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

You have uncovered The Secret of BEVIS.

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005 7:30:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the hours he is sitting at his desk, looking busy, he is actually blogging himself. Gross.

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:01:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I just read your full profile, and you and I have so much in common that I have to wonder why we aren't friends.

Oh, wait, we *are*.

Ha! I tricked you into being my friend! And it only took three years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home