I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Sweetums Update # 4

Sweetums said his first word yesterday morning:


"Hello."


Ain't it funny how such a simple thing can brighten up our lives and have Wifey and me floating on air for the rest of the day?

He's also rolling around, laughing like crazy at silly Daddy, holding our mouths and noses when we're talking to him, reaching his little arms around our necks when we cuddle him, and patting the cats when they wander by (no one's attacked anyone yet).

He's mere moments from crawling properly, and smiles broadly from ear to ear when I get home from work and announce my arrival with the obligatory, “It’s Daddy!”

Sweetums came in and met me at work for lunch yesterday … and he very thoughtfully brought Wifey with him. It was lovely seeing them in the middle of the day. It really cheered me up and I got to show them both off to my colleagues. I couldn’t get Sweetums to say ‘Hello’ to them, but I got him to laugh when I lifted him up into the air. He loves that.

At five and a half months old, I reckon my son's pretty smart.

But I'm biased.


.

5 Comments:

At Sunday, March 18, 2007 11:46:00 am, Blogger Chai said...

Ahhh... the joy that children can bring. Next thing you know, he'll be asking if he can buy a motorbike.

 
At Monday, March 19, 2007 2:30:00 am, Blogger Kris said...

Every parent thinks their child is the best, the brightest, and the most beautiful. And you are absolutely correct.

One of my favorite things in the world is the belly laugh of little children.

 
At Monday, March 19, 2007 9:46:00 pm, Blogger meva said...

Hello!


Clever, clever Sweetums.

 
At Monday, March 19, 2007 10:21:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

of course he is smart, with a bevis for a daddy. and a wifey for a mummy. how can he go wrong?

i hope you are videoing him muchly. on the weekend we got out all our baby/toddler vids. they are so precious. and of course all documentations of the sheer genius of our three as well.

 
At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:50:00 am, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

He started with 'hello'? Most children start with 'dadadadada'.

That is very clever as well as being utterly gorgeous.

The thing that I have discovered about children is that just when you think they can't get any cuter, they do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home