I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Friday, February 23, 2007

50,000 Hits!

No, I'm not talking about a Beatles "Best Of" album; I'm talking about the number of visits this blog has received since 10th August, 2005.

As I type this, the counter's sitting at 49,983 - and I'm sure that by publishing this post, the counter will clock over the all-important* 50,000 mark.

I'd just like to thank you all for your comments (good and bad), your commitment, and above all your companionship as I've undertaken this journey. We've been travelling partners together, you and I, and I look forward to many more clicks together.

My apologies for my somewhat sporadic posting of late. There's been a really major job at work that I've been in charge of and has been taking all my time (leaving me exhausted after hours and needing to spend all possible time with Wifey and Sweetums), but the good news is that it looks like this task will finally be completed either today or Monday. So from next week, things should pick up around here.

Until then, have a great weekend and enjoy watching the counter on the right climb steadily throughout the day.

(Go on - I can think of no better way to spend eight hours of your boss' time.)



* ie. Not at all important or in any way significant.


.

15 Comments:

At Friday, February 23, 2007 10:02:00 am, Blogger Kris said...

You are 9 short buddy.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 10:07:00 am, Blogger meva said...

I'm 49,992! I wonder who the lucky 50,000 will be?

Wow, Bevis. What an achievement. You should be really pleased. Congratulations!

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 11:59:00 am, Blogger meva said...

50,003!!! Who was 50,000???

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 12:02:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

I think that might just be a Mystery for the Ages (TM), Meva.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 2:49:00 pm, Blogger Kymmy said...

I think I was the 50,000th this morning! I could confirm by way of secret ISP disclosure to Bevis, but if I was wrong I would just look silly.

And I don't want that.

 
At Sunday, February 25, 2007 10:32:00 am, Blogger Javatari said...

Just ignore your wife and kid, surely blogging is more important.

I'm taking credit for 10,000 of those hits, which means that you owe me the same number on my blog. ;-)

 
At Sunday, February 25, 2007 9:16:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

woo hoo

[pop]

[gloop gloop gloop]

you want some?

what about me, what is it?

moet

really, noice one.

[clink]

so... how are things?

oh you know, just been hanging around here since friday, you know

[sip]

[smile]

[wink]

well, better be going. congrats little green frog-friend.

hope you had a nice weekend.

x

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 10:32:00 pm, Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

Totally impressive!!! Another 200 odd since Friday...

Who knew you were that interesting? ;-)

 
At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:25:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Kymmy, that would make us both look silly, because I wouldn't know what to do with such a disclosure. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and 'crown' you my 50,000th visitor since 10th August, 2005. Pity you don't win anything ...

Javatari, you think you alone are responsible for 10,000 of those hits? I wonder who my other four readers are ...

MelbourneGirl, you make me smile! I'm very glad you've been celebrating for so long - hopefully you've recovered from any ill effects such a celebration may have caused you. Cheers, dahrling.

Aussie Rock Chick, certainly not ME!

 
At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 9:28:00 am, Blogger Adam said...

Pffft, I'm pretty sure I would have got that many visitors on my first day. Jobe reached that in his first minute.

I mean, um, good work dude. They love you, they really love you, etc.

 
At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 9:33:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

That's just hurtful.

*sobs*

 
At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:21:00 pm, Blogger Mars said...

so i learn today on fits that i've been think-pronouncing your name wrong. huh.

so it's meant to be bevis, as in; crevise.. is this what you're telling me?

(by the way, i am well past 50,000 so i'm not even playing)

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:46:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

don't worry mars. i still think-pronounce it wrong.

AND HE CAN'T STOP ME.

[evil laughter]

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 10:01:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Mars, clearly I'm going to have to break it down for you (and others) in a separate post. This is getting out of control.

MG, in that case, you are a Butt-Head!

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:51:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

(I mean that in love.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home