I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

V Day

So did everybody have a good Valentine's Day?







...







Excellent. (Although, next time, please don't all talk at once.)

As some of you know, I won an iPod in an online competition, and last night I presented it to Wifey, all wrapped up nicely and sitting in a presentation box. I even used a big purple ribbon!

She loved it! She was delighted. Compared to other years, we agreed not to spend anything on each other this Valentine's Day (with the exception of getting some delicious take away Thai food for dinner so neither of us had to cook). This was due to our limited financial situation at the moment (not because we're against Valentine's Day or anything). So when Wifey opened her iPod, she was quite overwhelmed. I explained that I'd won it online (actually, she guessed before I'd even told her because she remembered me entering the comp), so our 'non-spending' pact was not broken.

I hope other people were lavished upon (or did the lavishing).

If you're single or otherwise anti-V Day, then I hope you had a happy Totally Normal Day Of February.

x


.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, February 15, 2007 4:13:00 pm, Blogger Kris said...

I had a fantastic normal day of Feb. I am glad Wifey loved the present. That was thoughtful, and thank God you got her an original gift.

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:38:00 pm, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

i rang the boy i really love. i daid happy valentines day.
he said
thanks
i went to work
i read books to kids
a 3 year old girl gave me a love heart, a 3 year old boy told me i was his favourite storytime lady, and another 3 year old boy told me he named his fish after me
3 people at work got valentines delivered to them
i got invited to a boys house after work
i met his mum
we talked for hours on his bed
he fell asleep holding me
today he flew to melbourne to be a with another girl

im glad you and wifey had a wonderful day

 
At Friday, February 16, 2007 10:47:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

oh, little faeriegirl. that sounds like a lovely day mixed with difficult things. bless 3 year olds.

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2007 3:21:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

This is my favourite phrase of the week:

"a 3 year old boy told me i was his favourite storytime lady"



Kris, I'm glad you had such a great Totally Normal Day of February. As for the gift, how much credit can I take for something I didn't pay for (or, indeed, have any say in me winning)?

LFG, what a rollercoaster ride of a day! Men are bastards; I hope you have your moment to shine. (Or something girly like that.) No, seriously ... the good parts of that day sound fantastic; the less-than-good parts sound heartbreaking. It's never grey with you, is it?! Always one extreme or the other. I love that the second boy named his fish after you. I'm guessing LittleFishieGirl, but I can't be sure.

MG, hello. (I'm not being flippant; you were only talking to LFG, here. So in fact, I'm being GRACIOUS not to have ignored you. I'm lovely like that.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home