I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Luv U2, Honey

Happy St Valentine's Day, Blog-heads.

I hope you all have a truly wonderful day with that special someone/s, and for those of you who are single / bitter / ugly / against St Valentine's Day on principle, may the day pass you by quickly and without too many people reminding you all about it.

Like I am.

(Sorry about that.)

St Valentine's Day has always been something of a special day for my family. My grandfather was born on this day in 1902, so he was given the name 'Valentine' as his middle name. Later in life, he adopted it as his main-name-of-choice, and was simply known as Val to everyone. He died of a heart attack when I was two. He was wheeled away on a stretcher, waving to me, and I (in my unknowing innocence), cheerily called out "Bye-bye, Grandpa!" and waved back at him. That was the last any of us saw him alive.

I wish I had a happier story on this happy of happy days.

Oh, wait - I do.

I got my wife a ticket to U2's Vertigo tour for St Valentine's Day.




No, Bono - not two. Just one.




That's right - well done. There was only one spare ticket that I could get my hands on, and she's been more devastated than me about us missing out when tickets went on sale and sold out almost immediately here in Melbourne a couple of months ago.

She's going to go in and hang out with some friends who are also going on the same night, so she won't really be alone ... but I'm happy to give her the opportunity to see the band live, seeing as she loves them so much.

So, Wifey? Cheers.




Happy St Valentine's Day. I love you very much, and I hope you enjoy the show in March.


9 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:45:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

awwwww. see, i've known it all along. you really ARE nice. that is the final proof anyone might need; so selfless. ah, but is it? will you not enjoy endless thanks and many, many kisses upon wifey's return, when she is bono-giddy?

so wassup there bevis? why haven't you visited and what have i done to annoy you or piss you off this time?

[insert smiley face here. can't bring myself to do it for real.]

i am an insensitive, foot-in-mouth prone saggitarian, so you might have to spell it out.

i'm all ears.

and hope you are well, and have a nice heart day.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:53:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..all I got my wife for Valentine's day was a bucket of KFC!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:02:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Oh no, MG, it's nothing like that!! I've been so unbelievably busy this past week or so, that I've barely been able to create my own posts (thankfully they were mostly waiting in draft format, so not too much work had to be done on them). I swear to you that my life has been massively tumultuous and crazy; I've had no time to visit other people's blogs (and I feel terrible about it but intend to do a lot of back-reading/commenting when time allows to make it up to everyone). I've very much appreciated people still visiting me while I'm only just holding on to my sanity, but please don't think my temporary silence has anything whatsoever to do with anything you have or haven't done. I've got a lot of grief with my former workplace that I'm trying to sort through, including what to do about the Male Manager's email and how best to hold him to account for it. Plus, then there's the job hunting thing, which I'm yet to turn my attention to properly. And Wifey was quite unwell all of last week (she's okay now - especially since I gave her the U2 ticket!).

I will return to full strength shortly - and I love you all!

Auburn, thank you very much. But Wifey wouldn't like that idea (she wouldn't get to go to U2). So you see, that simply cannot be. :)

Spankk, that's your usual St Valentine's Day fare, though - so there's nothing wrong with that! (You're on a good wicket there, old son.)

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:09:00 pm, Blogger elaine said...

Hi there!

I don't loathe Valentine's Day, but I'm of the opinion that if you can't tell and show someone how much you love them every day then there's not much point in doing it today.

Seeing as you shout out every day how much you love wifey, this is obv. not you!

I do absolutely hate getting flowers, though. *shudders*

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:20:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

What - seeing something that's beautiful and cutting it down so it will die a slow death in an unnatural habitat somehow turns you off?? You're odd, Elaine. :)

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:41:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

phew

[goes off happy to finish cooking dinner]

what's that?

oh, chicken ball soup. NOT what you think. mince.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:27:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hehe ... that's what I was thinking ... mince.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:01:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Thanks for coming out to lunch with me. I wish that we'd managed to do it a little more over the years.

Enjoy relaxing for the rest of the week, hope Wifey's feeling better and that you find the right job for you in no time at all.

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:59:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Sheriff of Nothing, thanks for both sentiments. :) It's all very much appreciated.

Riss, hey - no problemo! It was great to eat in front of you. Incidentally, look out for my/our Sketches review on the food review blog this coming Sunday.

Wifey's much better, cheers. She had some kind of virus/bug that was apparently going around (thankfully it didn't strike me ... yet ... so it hasn't interferred with my lazy job hunting too much). I hope you're right about finding a new job pronto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home