I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Let's Talk About The Weather

Whoa - what a crazy day it was in Melbourne today. Pretty intense heat (I'm sure no one would argue with that), followed by a ridiciously harsh storm (just wind and rain, but SO MUCH of it!), and then - at least out where I live - a blackout that lasted four and a half hours and let us wallow in the heat again.

And miss out on Neighbours.*

From 6pm until 10:30pm, Wifey and I sat in relative (and increasing) darkness, with the blinds closed for the heat, reading books by candlelight. It made for an amusing tableaux, but it meant that we couldn't watch the TV shows we wanted to watch, or listen to music, or turn on a fan / air conditioner (if we owned the latter), or make dinner, or go online, or play computer / console games, or watch a video / DVD ... everything we wanted to do relied on electricity!

We couldn't even go to sleep because our alarm clocks needed to be set so we'd wake up for work tomorrow. And our home phone is one of those exceptionally clever ones that require power as well!

Yeah yeah - I'm just whinging about nothing. But the power's back on now, and I've set the alarm and checked the fridge contents (everything seems to be OK - we purposely didn't open the fridge during the blackout, to conserve the 'chilled ambiance' inside for as long as possible), and Wifey's in bed with the fan going. I wanted to come online to see the results for the Australian Blog Awards (I want to see by how much I am KOed), but of course whoever's in charge of that site (which Clokeeeey will no doubt remind us is based on the notion of apathy) hasn't bothered to put the results up yet.

Actually, it seems that the same storm that made my night so much 'fun' is preventing the results from being posted there as well. The dude behind the site must live locally. Maybe he's my neighbour. (If so, that oughta be good for a few votes. I brought in his bin once.)

That's about all I had to say. I'm back at work tomorrow, and then again on Monday. I have Tuesday off, which will be nice. It was arranged as soon as I got back from the Christmas break, and has nothing to do with my resignation from this Tuesday. I'm sure people will suspect I'm having an interview or something, but I'm not. I'll fill you in on the details after Tuesday.



* A little help, anyone?

11 Comments:

At Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:18:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Re the blog awards, seems that the tabulator must live near you. The weather has affected his ability to get on line. Either that or they can't be bothered.

 
At Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:22:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Exactly.

(Didn't I tell you, people? Clokeeeey has said just what I predicted he would. If nothing else, he's very dependable!)

:)

 
At Friday, January 27, 2006 12:14:00 am, Blogger magical_m said...

No can do on the Neighbours assistance my friend... I spent the evening watching a very average play and realised about halfway through that I'd forgotten to set the video for Teachers.

I think it was Andrew Lincoln's last week of cameos as well.

Grrrr.

Stephen Daldry has a lot to answer for.

 
At Friday, January 27, 2006 9:52:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

hey bevis. congrats on the resignation, good one. re clokey, i don't think he read the entire post... am i dropping him in it? peut-etre. mais predictable, oui, bien sur.

re neighbours, can't help. we have it on tape though, and are working our way through a marathon with princess. reliving those classic moments between toady and stingray filming his video, and between toady and connor doing their hubby and wife routine, and then between toady and... that's all. and dylan's overacting. excellent. but we still have about 5 eps to go or so, and i haven't seen the last three.

but if you like, once i HAVE watched it, i will do a treatment for you. you'll be unsatisfied though, it will no way be near the quality of your summaries.

 
At Friday, January 27, 2006 11:07:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Magical_M, I understand your frustration (although I've never watched the show in question). I know you're a big fan of it, though!

MelbourneGirl, I'd very much appreciate it, thanks! I won't be watching tonight's 'cos I'm going out (but I'll be recording it), so if you could do a "non-satisfying" recap on last night's episode only, once you've seen it (it's too hard to attempt it before you've seen it), you'd be lovely!

You'll be lovely anyway, but this would make you more lovely!

If that were even possible, which of course it isn't.

*sigh*

Just do the recap. (Ta!)

 
At Friday, January 27, 2006 11:20:00 am, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Dude, you were ripped off. Surely my 40 proxy votes would have been enough to get you over the line, but no. You fought the good fight but anon lefty beat you on the day.

Now, enough of the ragging, when someone pitches the ball and it's in the hitting zone, i'm gonna hit it. even if it doesn't need to be hit, i'm gonna do it.

As for my word verif today, i can't believe it but I have to type it: upfcker.

 
At Friday, January 27, 2006 12:53:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

You and me both.

Thanks for all the proxy votes, man.

I'm not at all surprised to see my blog not listed amongst the frontrunners, but I must admit to being amazed that for all Ms Fits' nominations, she didn't place at all!

What's up with that? Maybe the Blog Awards aren't cool enough for the type of distinguished reader who visits Reasons You Will Hate Me.

LadyCracker didn't crack a win, either. I notice Steph got second place on 'Most Humorous Post', though. Well done, Stephie - you got the closest out of the whole gang.*




* Subjective, I know.

 
At Friday, January 27, 2006 2:13:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

Yay me! I couldn't believe some of the winners. Apart from Melbournehumanfemale, the rest bored me shitless!!

You was robbed Bevis!

 
At Friday, January 27, 2006 11:53:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

" doesn't mean I wont stop reading ... "



So you're going to stop reading, regardless of whether or not I was nominated or won.

That triple negative means you're going to stop reading! Is that why you're saying sorry?

(I guess it's silly of me to ask, because you've probably stopped reading already. I'm confused!)

:)

Whatever did I do to offend you, Sheriff of Nothing?

*grins like he doesn't mean it*

Steph, that's very kind of you to say, but I don't consider myself robbed at all. "It was a privilege just to be nominated ..."

 
At Saturday, January 28, 2006 12:49:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once in a blackout I was forced to watch the lightening while eating an entire slab of brie for dinner. Because that was all I had. Honest.

 
At Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:07:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Suuuure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home