I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Shout Out # 1

I have good blog friends, and I've decided to give them a 'shout out'. One at a time; gradually over the coming months.

For the purposes of my first shout out, let's all take a look at Jobe. He's a funny little fellow, and not at all me (despite some other bloggers' attempts to claim otherwise). He writes in a slightly (nay, severely) bizarre fashion, and posts many, many different times a day. It's like rapid fire, only it's just a bit less painful when Jobe does it.

A bit less.

Jobe is also nominated for an Australian Blog Award, so while you're over there voting for me in the Best Victorian Blog category, be sure to swing by the Best Humourous Australian Blog category as well.

Forget for the moment that his blogsite appears under the wrong name (it's "What's This On My Hand?", not "What Was That On My Hand?"), and that the people putting the awards together can't even spell the word 'humorous' properly ... it would be great if Jobe was to win that award regardless. He certainly deserves it, after all the work he puts in to his blog.

So go on, check out his blog, leave comments wherever you please (there are heaps of options on any given day), and then vote for the dude as well.

Here's to you, Jobe ... and your wacky, crazy, insane view on life.

14 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:53:00 am, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Bevis, remember that the award site is apathetic. They aren't going to use spell checker.
I wonder if they are actually going to count the votes?

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:13:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hehe ... they'll probably just delete all the votes and give their own favourites the award. :)

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:12:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Bevis, my froggy friend, you may need to resize the blog awards graphic you placed in the sidebar - it moves all your lovely information and links to the end of the page...

xx

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:25:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Yeah, I saw that last night at home. It doesn't do it here at work, so I didn't realise until late yesterday.

I'll consider it and get back to you.

:P

What are you doing online during office hours? Your supervisor will be on to you!

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:38:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

There - howzat?

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:47:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Much better. Can't have you all untidy when the voters come to inspect. :)

(I was at lunch. It is only for this comment that I will get in trouble.)

:)

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:03:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

bevis. this is a yu-yu, not a shout out. i don't think. but it's a good idea.

only, i expect that when it's my turn (i refuse to be falsely modest) it is no less wordage than the shortest of any of your neighbour's posts.

ha ha. i'm making myself laugh here.

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:40:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

MG, I thought it had to be a joint thing about many people to be a yu-yu. This is just a yu, isn't it?

In any case, my apologies. I didn't mean to steal your idea, cut your lunch, step on your toes, or anything like that.

I'll continue to call mine Shout Outs, though - so as not to rip off your ace naming convention as well.

I've already jotted down my preferred order of my Shout Outs (randomising the order intentionally, etc), and you're currently sitting in spot number 6. That means absolutely nothing (it's really not significant), but it lets you know roughly how long you have to 'wait', I guess. There are 60 on the list. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

No correspondence will be entered into, as far as the order goes.

But yes, I will endeavour to make yours as wordy as I can. :)

Auburn, thanks, I hope he is. I don't know how popular I am - I was only nominated once - but it's all a bit of fun.

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 5:48:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

hi bevis. no i thought a yuyu was a reverse meme. isn't a meme about, well, "me". so a yuyu is about, well, "you". but spelt differently so it looks better.

i might do a yuyu for certain fave people on the anniversary of my blog. if i get there. if no one kills me first!

and isn't cutting lunch farting? in which case, i certainly hope you didn't fart at me?!! (this is where i would put a smiley, if i did that, as a rule)

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:42:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

I think you're confusing "cutting someone's lunch" (stepping in and taking off with someone or something that's yours - usually said when someone makes a move on your partner) with "cutting the cheese" (farting) ... but you amused me greatly, so ten points for you anyway.

I take your point about the yuyu definition. But wouldn't you be upset if I'd just swooped in and stolen it like that? How about if I call these things yuyus and credit you for the term?

I don't want to offend ...

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:05:00 pm, Blogger Ben said...

Love ya Bev

 
At Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:54:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

i'm just arguing a semantic point bevis, and it doesn't matter.

about cutting your lunch, look here. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cut+lunch

i remember my dad saying things like "did you cut your lunch?" or "who cut their lunch?"

i've never heard about cutting the cheese.

which state are you from originally? i think that would explain it... swimmers or bathers?

 
At Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:55:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Right back atcha, Jobe.

MG, maybe that's it. I was born in 'swimmers' territory, but moved down to 'bathers' land when I was 16. So I'm just about at the point where I've lived exactly half of my life on each side of the border. Well done; I think you've cracked the code.

(At least neither of us live in 'toggs' land!)

 
At Wednesday, January 18, 2006 11:08:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

At my place of "work" - "to open ones lunch box" = cutting the cheese = farting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home