I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Electoral Scam

I initially thought Sheriff of Nothing was kidding this morning when she left a comment congratulating me for my nomination for Best Victorian Blog. And I thought Jobe was joking last week when he was talking about being nominated under the wrong name.

Shame on me, but I'd never heard of the Blog Awards.

A quick Google search to see what Sheriff was talking about, however, quickly led me to this site, which is where the 2006 Australian Blog Awards is being hosted.

A search in the site's search function revealed that Sheriff wasn't dropping acid.

Or that she wasn't this morning.

At least not about this.

There I am, listed under Best Victorian Blog: I blogged myself

So how did this happen? I'm very thrilled and touched and honoured and I feel very warm and fuzzy inside - don't get me wrong. But I'm up against some very stiff competition so I know I won't win anything, and frankly I don't understand how I was nominated.

Who nominated me?

But even forgetting that for the moment, how does one compete with sites such as Reasons You Will Hate Me (which gets around 4,000 hits an hour, by my reckoning), LadyCrackerLand (another brilliant bloggy friend of mine), and a heap of others that I confess to not reading myself, but I've heard their blog names being thrown around by many people this past year? It's all so inconceivable.

I guess if I'm going to be nominated, I should at least do whoever it was who nominated me the service of trying to win. Otherwise I'm just slapping that one, solitary person in the face. Cyber-slapping them, probably.

So here goes:

VOTE FOR ME! VOTE FOR ME!



(Click on the image to vote - you need to create a new account first, on the left-hand menu, and apparently you may have to wait a bit after registering before returning to the site to vote. But any votes would be very much appreciated!)

I like winning stuff.

7 Comments:

At Monday, January 16, 2006 10:54:00 am, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Tried to vote but you have to be registered.
As that site is about apathy, I'm not sure I could be bothered registering.
but I will if it helps you get over the line.
Jsut for you.

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 10:59:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hehe ... I appreciate it.

I registered and tried to vote, but clearly I didn't wait long enough between the two steps for my details to copy across to the list of registered voters.

Maybe the tip is to register one day, then go back and vote the next.

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 12:58:00 pm, Blogger gun street girl said...

It let me vote without registering, will it still count?

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 1:25:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Gun Street Girl, apparently not, so I don't know why they allow unregistered votes to go through.

The main page says unregistered votes won't be counted. It all sounds a bit silly to me ...

I appreciate your support anyway. (Of course, you never said who you voted for, so I'm making an assumption here ...)

Sheriff of Nothing, thanks for that. Now I just need to find out who 'DesignatedDrinker' is so I can thank them! (It's not you, is it?) Whoever it is must visit occasionally to want to vote for me, so if/when you read this, 'DesignatedDrinker' - cheers!

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 1:26:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

And thank you to you, too, Gav. We'll have to find out how to suggest new cateogries for next year.

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 8:13:00 pm, Blogger Anna A. Spades said...

I like you Bevis. I'd definitely vote for you in the category of best commenter. I always think you have good comments.

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 9:00:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thank you Anna, you're very kind. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home