I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Merry Christmas To All!

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be out-of-commission for a week (or maybe longer), and although I may check my blog and leave comments on occasion, I'll have no time to leave any new posts. However, I wanted to end the year with a hearty cheer ("YAYYYYYYY!") and a special message to each and every single one of you.

Unfortunately, as I don't have all your addresses or phone numbers (or even names, most of you), I have decided to settle for providing each of you with a small message of love.* Again, since many of you pass by every so often and many of you don't even leave any comments to let me know you've been here, I have gone by my list of linked bloggers, over there on the right. I have also alphabetised the greetings, so you can skip to your own if you don't want to read them all.

* Love not included.

If you reckon you were left off this list unfairly, feel free to email me.** My email address is on the right hand side of this page as well, towards the top. Good luck to you.

** This doesn't include you, Mr Kahfarknarkle.

So anyway, in alphabetical order, here's a special Christmas message to you all, starting with "My Nasty Friends", and then moving on to "My Nice Friends":


------------------------------------


Dear Adam, thanks for crowning me THE FIRST ANNUAL BLOGGOLYMPIC ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS CHAMPION OF THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Dear Ang, thanks for all the punctuation banter.

Dear Anna A Spades, thanks for all the under-age swearing.

Dear Auburn, thanks for being neither red or green.

Dear CBomb, thanks for the Rowlf jigsaw puzzle.

Dear Cape Man, thanks for spurring me on.

Dear Chai, thanks for generally being willing.

Dear ChickyBabe, thanks for the compliments.

Dear Clem Barstow, thanks for being funky and fresh.

Dear Clokeeeey, thanks for spurring me on.

Dear Cotton, thanks for the thumbs-up.

Dear Djali, thanks for keeping me in check.

Dear Drowning In Jello, thanks for being a friendly competitor.

Dear Dxxxx, thanks for explaining what the xxxx stood for. (It's not as rude as you might expect.)

Dear Elaine, thanks for leaving the first comment on my blog.

Dear Fluffy, thanks for the support.

Dear Gav, thanks for the insight.

Dear Gianluca Di Milano, thanks for your very unique take on Australian / Austrian matters.

Dear Gregory Surlyboy, thanks for not being too surly at all.

Dear Gun Street Girl, thanks for excellent answers to the meme I tagged you for.

Dear Her Radicalness, thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Dear Jellyfish Online, thanks for visiting Kranki on behalf of the rest of us.

Dear Jess Ausculture, thanks for promoting Australian culture to the world.

Dear Jobe, thanks for being cruel.

Dear Kranki-Pants, thanks for encouraging me when I was stupid / crazed / a blogging junkie / needy / a groupie / emotionally unsettling / desperate / hurting / cute.

Dear La Nadine, thanks for being the first person to link to my blog.

Dear LadyCracker, thanks for your wonderful opinions.

Dear Little Fairie Girl, thanks for the books and the CD review (part one, anyway!).

Dear Locket, thanks for your generous attitude.

Dear Magical_M, thanks for being so lovely (if a little too hard on yourself at times).

Dear MeghansDiscontent, thanks for the fierce competition / lovely comradery.

Dear Melbourne Girl, thanks for the friendship (and for indulging my obsession!).

Dear Ms Fits, thanks for getting me started on this whole blogging thing.

Dear Muffin, thanks for being a broken link as I wrote this.

Dear Peter, thanks for asking me to have a look at the article.

Dear Quirkie, thanks for being a graceful loser on Kranki's blog.

Dear Roguemaze, thanks for just bein' there.

Dear Rowena, thanks for the enlightening comments.

Dear Sally Smart, thanks for your insightful posts.

Dear Sarah, thanks for making me laugh.

Dear SBR, thanks for promising me a copy of The Muppet Movie soundtrack. (PS - Where is it?!)

Dear Scary As A Kitten, thanks for the sage words you post on your blog.

Dear Sheriff of Nothing, thanks for the laptop and the X-box.

Dear Sherriff, thanks for not being afraid to misspell the word 'Sheriff'.

Dear Steph, thanks for refusing to accept that I'm not Jobe (but I'm honestly not).

Dear Sublime-ation, thanks for being so ... sublime ...

Dear Suzanne, thanks for returning to me / us / me.

Dear Thomasr, thanks for not complaining that I've put the wrong link to your blog on my list. (I need you to post another comment so I can get the right link 'cos I stuffed it up and I can't find your comment again - it was ages ago.)

Dear Tuppence, thanks for keeping an eye on our little under-age swearer.

Dear Punographic Contributors, thanks for not posting anything in four months. It's meant I can get more work done. :)

Dear Adie & Noshie, so long ... and thanks for all the fish.

Dear Channy, thanks for reviewing Melbourne's best parmas / house-sitting / cat-minding.

Dear Logan, thanks for your silence.

Dear Riss, thanks for joining me in this crazy blogosphere.


------------------------------------


Merry Christmas to you all!

Speak to you in the new year, if not before.

Stay safe.



.

25 Comments:

At Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:05:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Bevis, have a most merry one yourself ...

... and here's to a Whit ... nah, Green Christmas !!

Cheers

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 12:28:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good Christmas. No, I haven't forgotten. It has been burnt - will fight my way into a Post Office and send it to you soon.

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:56:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Dude, thanks for competing in aforementioned Bloggolympics - you are indeed are champion of the world. Thanks for your blogging friendship dude, thanks for the e-mail when everyone thought I was dead, thanks for your very excellent comments and thank you freakin' heaps for entertaining me 6 or 7 times while I had to endure the hardships of doing nothing at work. I've really enjoyed your posts and your blogging company the last few months. You are a blogging institution!

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:58:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Dear Bevis,

Please replace the second 'are' with a 'the' in the above comment.

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:11:00 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

You are fabulous! Merry Christmas!!!!

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:04:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Thank-you my froggy friend. Have fun over the festive period, please say hello and Merry Christmas from me to your family and I'm sure we'll catch up when you get back.

Love to you and Wifey,
Riss.

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:29:00 pm, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

merry christmas bevis. thanks for the lovely words :)

hope you have a wonderful last few days of december, and and even better 2006

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:58:00 pm, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

And a Merry Christmas to you too, Bevis. Here's to a happy new year of blogging!

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:53:00 pm, Blogger thr said...

And a fantastic festivus a toi BEVIS!

For shame you don't know my blog OFF BY HEART!
thomasr.blogspot.com

tough one eh?
regards
etc
thomasr

 
At Friday, December 23, 2005 12:07:00 am, Blogger magical_m said...

I bet you get more comments on this blog than any of your others... you might even set a record!

Thank you for the message (its a bit accurate isn't it?!?) and Feliz Navidad to you and yours!

*switches off that bloody radio station which plays cheesy Christmas tunes*

*wanders off humming Boney M*

 
At Friday, December 23, 2005 2:55:00 am, Blogger Ang said...

And a Merry Christmas to you; I hope that Santa brings you everything that you wish for!!! I look forward to punctuating with you in the New Year!!

 
At Friday, December 23, 2005 3:29:00 pm, Blogger Roguemaze Central said...

big time

I fucking hate this word verification thing...

Especially when it's longer than my comment.

 
At Saturday, December 24, 2005 12:47:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

why do i have to be after roguemaze?

i have been busy. oh so busy. but i love this post, and you have pipped me. to it. the post that is. i logged on tonight while the cheesecake is baking and the two-nut choc torte is a-cooling on the rack. i thought i would do much the same as you have here.

but i won't double up. see what i've done. and thanks to you too for the friendship. and i mean it.

as for the obsession. we need to talk. i have a different take on the neighbours ending, just haven't had time to comment. but head over to mine, i hope you get the chance, to see what i've been up to.

 
At Saturday, December 24, 2005 6:11:00 pm, Blogger Ben said...

Cruel? What the fuck? I wasn't cruel until I read that post.

Everyone else gets something heart-felt and I get that.

Fuck you, man. Fuck you!

*runs off in tears*

 
At Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:04:00 pm, Blogger Gianluca Di Milano said...

thank you for the thank you. Where is the australia?

 
At Sunday, December 25, 2005 11:26:00 am, Blogger Anna A. Spades said...

Happy Christmas Bevis.

Have a fucking lovely holiday,
xx Anna

P.S. Adam, way to go you for correcting yourself in a comments thread. I thought only I did that.

 
At Sunday, December 25, 2005 5:32:00 pm, Blogger Chai said...

No probs... bevis...and Merry Xmas!! And Happy Festivus too, in case u celebrate that as well/instead.
More importantly, hope u get lots of cool pressies.

 
At Monday, December 26, 2005 10:58:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

Merry christmas jobe/Bevis hehehehe!!

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:07:00 am, Blogger Susanne said...

Thanks Bevis, Have a good one, and I will see you here in the new year. :)

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:31:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thank you everyone for your best wishes.

(My apologies to Jobe for hurting his feelings. Hopefully he has had a good cry now and is feeling much better.)

Thank you to Thomasr for the link - I will amend ASAP. :)

And Magical_M, your prediction (although kind) fell a fair bit short of the mark. One post a few months ago garnered over 70 comments, so that's the record I have to beat.

Everyone else, your lovely words are very much appreciated.

Here's to a fantastic new year of bloggy-goodness!

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:41:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome re: jigsaw. Merry Christmas!

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 7:39:00 pm, Blogger magical_m said...

Well all I can say is people are rude not to have thanked you.

Its like the whole "thank you letters for gifts" thing which has sadly fallen by the wayside in these technological times... you think it would have improved it seeing as you can usually get away with sending an email thank you.

Rude I call it.

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 2:30:00 am, Blogger Quirkie said...

Not rude! Not rude! Just been on holiday. Thanks for the thought, Bevis, however misguided :) E-you in the New Year.

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 10:02:00 am, Blogger LadyCracker said...

Thanks Bevis! - and for you a fine new year.

xx LC

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 11:28:00 am, Blogger sublime-ation said...

cheers Bevy big up to you to
It's too late for Happy Christmas, so Happy New Year.


xS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home