I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sweetums Update # 3

--> WITH BONUS WIFEY & BEVIS UPDATE, AS REQUESTED! <--

Hello everyone. My last post was a bit lengthy, so I'll try to keep this one brief.

My parents, brother and brother's girlfriend have just touched down in Sydney after spending a three-day weekend here in Melbourne with us. We all had a lovely time, and it was great for Sweetums to spend some quality bonding time with his Sydney-based grandparents.

In my last Sweetums Update, I told you how he was already nearly crawling. Well, tomorrow marks Sweetums' four-month birthday (anniversary?), and he's done the following things in the past few weeks:


- Rolled all the way over when lying on his back;

- Nearly dragged himself along his playmat (the only thing holding him back is that he favours his left arm, forgetting that he has another to help pull himself along);

- Created a game with Daddy that involves him bouncing himself up and down in his bouncenette (pulling on Daddy's thumbs to bounce himself in his chair), laughing near-hysterically with Daddy as Daddy sings, "Doop-de-doop-de-doo!" over and over; and

- Kicked at his musical kick-toy (the thing plays music when he kicks it), which has resulted in him kicking like crazy whenever he hears any kind of music playing (presumably because he thinks he's creating the music!).

He's very precious - but I don't have to tell you that.

He has reached the stage where he recognises Mummy and Daddy (which is lovely), and therefore he also recognises that everyone else he sees is not Mummy or Daddy (which is not so great - because of the tears). He had his second injection the other day, and his immediate cries were suddenly silenced when he was put back into Mummy's arms.

He went through about two weeks where he was sleeping through the nights (from his 10:30pm feed to his 7am feed) ... but with the recent bout of heat and everything, he seems to have stopped this. At least for the moment.



--> BONUS WIFEY UPDATE! <--

Wifey has really been growing into motherhood in a very good way. I hope that doesn't sound condescending or anything, because I mean it quite fondly and respectfully. She has shown that her motherly instincts are spot-on and her care and love for Sweetums is developing daily into an unbreakable mother-son bond.

It makes me very proud to say that Wifey has demonstrated her giving nature each and every day when it comes to looking after Sweetums. If not for her, there is no doubt in my mind that I never would have survived these past four months as a new parent. Her way of soothing Sweetums when he's over-tired, troubled or hungry is amazing. Her ability to sense his moods and give him what he needs to calm him down is astounding. And her compassion when dealing with Sweetums' dunderhead father is nothing short of miraculous.

With each passing day, she gives me new reasons to love her more and more. She is a super woman.



--> EVEN BONUSER BEVIS UPDATE! <--

In addition to tomorrow being Sweetums' four-month birthday, Monday 5th February 2007 also marks the point that I'll officially be going full-time in my new job. It's been a blessing to work four days a week up until this point (largely due to getting an extra day at home with Wifey and Sweetums), but our cashflow has been limited of late - so having an extra fifth of my income for working five days a week is going to be very helpful. I've considered myself extremely fortunate to have had an extra day off each week over these past four months, enjoying my Fridays (which were later changed to Wednesdays) at home with Sweetums in addition to the weekend.

It's also a great sign that the people at work are happy with me. I breezed through my three-month review the other month, was promoted to the head of my area in December (as you may recall), and have now been 'upgraded' to five days a week. The people at my workplace are still great (no one's turned evil on me yet), and last week some of the longer-term tasks I was working on when I started there (back in September) began showing the fruits of our labour. It was really encouraging seeing them come to fruition like that, and hopefully things will continue to go strong there.

In other news, I recently won an iPod in an online competition and will be giving it to Wifey as a surprise when it gets here (so if you know her in person ... don't say anything!). I know she won't check this blog (she hasn't in quite a while, due to being somewhat busy at home!), but I also know Wifey's wanted an iPod for ages now. I won an iPod nano and know she's going to be thrilled. Our finances haven't stretched far enough for me to buy her one ... and now I don't have to!

I never win anything, either ... so when I got the email telling me I'd won, I wanted to burst with happiness! But I couldn't mention it to Wifey. I blurted out my good news on Ms Fits' Friday Q&A session instead.

But good on me, and stuff.


.

10 Comments:

At Monday, February 05, 2007 7:59:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your life with us. It's lovely to get updates.

I enjoy reading your discriptions of wifey and Sweetums. Your love for them both really shines through.

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 3:07:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

yay you and wifey and sweetums. thanks for the update.

x

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 6:55:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Are you raising your son to be a drummer? Is a massive monobrow starting to shape?

I'm glad your work is going down a treat, that's super awes! Would it be too wrong to send your old workplace a 'Haha, I'm happy' card in the mail?

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 7:11:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

P.S) I went to vote for you in these bloggy awards, but I don't think they are ready yet. Is that correct or am I not good with computers/voting/etc?

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 8:41:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thanks, everyone.

Adam, yes we are. If he wants to be a drummer, that is. But he certainly has the knack / gifting / talent / skills / uncle for it.

No monobrow at this stage, but I'll keep you informed. As it happens, another trait of Animal's is starting to develop - apart from his Daddy, he seems only to smile at women!

Thanks for the idea of sending the card. I'll get straight onto that!

As for the Blog Awards, either I'm as dumb as you are, or they haven't yet pulled their finger out.

Metaphorically.

(Or possibly literally; I don't know.)

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:29:00 pm, Blogger Kris said...

Woo I love updates. And your a good hubby for talking about your wifey so nicely. And Sweetums sounds like he is going to be left-handed which means not only will he be good looking, but intelligent and creative. I hope you encourage the left-handness. We need more lefties.

Glad your work is going well and that you won the ipod. I never win anything.

And you better send more of these updates out more often..especially for us Americans since we love being nosey in other people's lives.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:51:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Pfft - you Americans are SO NOSEY!!

Thank you for your kind words.

"I hope you encourage the left-handness. We need more lefties."

But then I'll have to buy him special scissors!

Yes, we've all noticed his dominant left hand and realised what it will mean for his future: smudged handwriting, being labelled a freak and constantly changing his knife and fork around.

Heaven help me.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:37:00 pm, Blogger Javatari said...

Good, to hear that you and la famiglia are doing well. But mostly I chimed in to say that I am left handed, so all those good things that Kris said, apply to me as well. I hope Sweetums is left handed and therefore as brilliant and modest as me.

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 4:25:00 pm, Blogger Kris said...

Bevis- But then again left handed people are the only ones who are in their right mind.

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:28:00 pm, Blogger Mars said...

it's so sweet the way you talk about your wife..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home