I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blogger Beta Issues

I was forced onto Blogger Beta the other day (the damn system didn't give me any choice in the matter), and I'm NOT happy about it.

I was purposefully holding out until the problems were fixed. I wasn't SCARED of change. I wasn't being LAZY. I wanted to AVOID all the problems Blogger Beta was experiencing (and continues to experience).

But no, like a jury system or a random lottery, I was plucked from the masses and told, "IT'S TIME" by the Blogging God (whom I call 'Blog'). I think I'd prefer to have been selected for Jury Duty. Even with Pauly Shore.

It didn't take me very long to get pissed off with the new Blogger. Here's the problem I'm suffering from at the moment: Comment Moderation Hell.

So, whoever you are who's left a comment and it hasn't appeared yet ... now you know why. I love you (within reason), and we're told that it will appear in the list SOME DAY for me to approve.

But until then, it's a mystery.

A bit like how Pauly Shore had an acting career.


.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:43:00 am, Blogger sublime-ation said...

HATE the new blogger. Word verification: can everyone please turn off word verification? I'm sick of typing it ten times to leave a comment. I don't have it on and I get no spam.
Also how does anyone know how to add your bloglines links into your template now? I can't figure it out.

 
At Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:53:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Careful, Subby - the blogs have ears. Or eyes. Or something.

Speaking for myself, I have to keep Comment Moderation on; sorry. (I should have mentioned why it's necessary in these 'ere parts when I wrote this post, but I forgot.)

I never had a problem with spam, but I did have a big problem with a certain flamer - and I still do.

You wouldn't believe the number of comments she leaves, and the things she says. There's no way I'd drop Comment Moderation and allow those things through.

She does it to amuse herself, presumably, because she knows I'm the only one who reads them and will delete them ... but that kind of one-person audience seems to enthrall her. She's incomprehensibly hurtful and abusive, and I've already given her enough 'credit' by even typing this here.

Still, you (and others) deserved to know the 'why'.

:)

 
At Friday, March 16, 2007 2:19:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

I'm even missing the top of the text in your blog now - it's hiding underneath the navigation bar.

 
At Friday, March 16, 2007 3:10:00 pm, Blogger sublime-ation said...

Can you take off word verif and still have comment mod on?
RE your comment mod, I know who you mean and believe me, if you're reading this, you are the stupidest person I have ever heard of. Why would you do such a thing? For what point? I would swear but it's bevis's blog so I won't.
Hugs to you bevis, and glad little sweetums is doing so well. Talking already? He's a genius obviously!

 
At Friday, March 16, 2007 3:32:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Riss, really? That's ridiculous! (And very annoying.) I wish I'd had a choice about 'switching'. DO WE LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY OR NOT!

Sublime-ation, thanks. Hmm, you ask a good question about the Comment Moderation and the Word Verification inter-mingled-ness. I don't see why not. I'll look into it. :)

 
At Friday, March 16, 2007 8:14:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

There! Done.

Comment Moderation is still in force, but Word Verification is now a thing of the past.

Unless I start getting a lot of spam comments, that is. If I do, Word Verification may have to return.

But for now, ENJOY THE FREEDOM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home