I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Relationships Are An Icky A Tricky Thing

(With thanks to Spankk, who sent me this this cute story on email ... sorry guys, it's a girly one today.)


While on holiday in Kenya and walking through the bush, a man came across an elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seems distressed, so the man approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee and inspected the bottom of the elephant's foot only to find a large thorn deeply embedded.




Carefully - and as gently as he could - he removed the thorn, and the elephant gingerly put its foot down. The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather stern look on its face, stared at him. For a good ten minutes the man stood frozen - thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant turned and walked away.




For years afterwards, the man often remembered and pondered the events of that day ...


Then one day, the man was walking through the zoo with his son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the elephants turned and walked over to where they were standing at the rail. It stared at the man, and he couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant. The man climbed tentatively over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.




Suddenly the elephant wrapped its trunk around one of the man's legs and swung him wildly back and forth along the railing, instantly killing him.

So ... probably not the same elephant, then.



.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:26:00 am, Blogger magical_m said...

See, you're tempting me to say "only a man would be dumb enough..."

I'm not going to.

But it's taking all my powers of restratint.

x

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:53:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

wow, deep. what troubles you, my friend?

and how, precisely, is THAT a girly one?

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:13:00 am, Blogger audrey said...

My favourite picture is of the second elephant.

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 12:48:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Magical_M, I appreciate you restraining yourself! It's very big of you.

MelbourneGirl, never fear - nothing bothers me, I assure you. I've had that little chestnut sitting in draft for about a month, waiting for a 'slow blog day'. It was just a funny email that tickled my fancy so I put it on my blog and added some pictures of cute little elephants. Both the images I chose and the "this is a girly one" warning at the start were misleads, designed simply to throw you off-balance so you weren't expecting the punchline when it arrived. Nothing more. (Thank you for asking how I was, though.)

Audrey, hehe. Glad to hear it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home