I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

PHILIMINATOR

I've been having a pretty good week, all things considered.

Well-wishes and congratulations are coming in from people all over the world for Wifey's and my recent 'baby' news, the first issue of my new Empire magazine subscription arrived on Monday, and today in the mail, I received this:




If you can't read the inscription, it says:

"To BEVIS,
'The world is waiting for your baby'
Phil
PHILIMINATOR!
ON YA"


That's right, Phil Keoghan, the honourable host of my favourite reality TV show EVER, The Amazing Race, signed this photo of himself and wrote a special message on it for me.

And who do I have to thank for making this generous gift happen? Thomasr, who was doing some work at the Formula 1 Foster's Australian Grand Prix here in Melbourne over the weekend and caught up with Phil at the Celebrity Race.

Here are some of the pics Thomasr took at the event, which he has also kindly emailed to me so I could post them here. In the first pic Phil is sitting behind Tara Moss. In the second and third, I believe he's posing for photos with Celebrity Race winner Shaun Giles (but I could be wrong about that). The last pic shows Phil signing autographs (but apparently not mine - I like to think he is, though).












When I emailed Thomasr my postal address, I mentioned that I hoped the postie wouldn't fold the photo in half to stuff it in our letterbox, thereby wrecking it. I only meant it as a passing observation, though - knowing the old trick of ironing a bent piece of paper or photo flat by putting a towel between the paper and the hot iron.

However, when it arrived in today's mail, I saw that Thomasr had typed up (and stuck all over the envelope) the words: "ATTENTION: DO NOT FOLD". He made such a (written) fuss about it, the postie actually came up to the house and slid it under the front door - unscathed! This turned out to be doubly-fortuitous, because it meant that the envelope didn't get drenched in the downpour we received out here today.

Plus, he'd addressed it to "Beaker BEVIS".

(Funny little fellow.)

Wifey and I are both really chuffed that Thomasr, who doesn't even know us in real life, would go out of his way to have Phil sign a photo for me, and then go the trouble of sending it out to me. He clearly realises how much we love the show.

This isn't even Thomasr's official Shout Out, but hey - go check out his blog anyway and spread the love. He did a great thing this week, and I'm very grateful.

Oh, one other thing. Apparently Thomasr gave Phil my blog address, so who knows? Maybe one day Phil will log on and have a read of this thing. Hopefully he'll check out my episode reviews of The Amazing Race. If so, I hope he likes what he sees.

In the meantime, I have to find somewhere to put my signed photo of Phil. I was thinking on the ceiling above our bed. What do you think?



.

10 Comments:

At Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:45:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hey, Clokeeeey!

That's another semi-sport-related post! How you goin' with your semi-Muppet-related post, huh??

:)

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:58:00 am, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Slowly, very slowly. Thanks for the car action though.
I'm spending very little time online these days, especially since I upgraded my anti-virus software and internet security s/w and it's buggered my PC up a treat.

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:33:00 am, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

You're quite a celeb, Bevis!

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:31:00 pm, Blogger sublime-ation said...

That is so sweet. Blogging generosity. Go Thomasr.

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 12:40:00 am, Blogger thr said...

It's Gorden Tallis Rugby League legend and car crashin' freak, not Gilesy.

Shawn's at Eastern Creek this weekend- back on track, racing a superbike as he should.

regards
Tom

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 9:48:00 am, Blogger unique_stephen said...

Phil, if you ever read this - whats the chance of a special Muppet edition of The Amazing Race ?

---
And congrads bevis - we are also with child (again)

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 4:28:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the Celebrity Blog list - Tim from Big Brother:
http://www.chaser.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=39&Itemid=127

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:08:00 am, Blogger Steph said...

Awww how cool. Maybe you'll have to name your firstborn after Thomas ;)

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:35:00 am, Blogger missy said...

Definitely ceiling above the bed.

 
At Sunday, April 09, 2006 12:45:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Clokeeeey, hehe - fair enough. Sorry to hear you're having problems similar to those I was struggling with a while ago!

ChickyBabe, I don't know about that ... but thanks.

Sublime-ation, indeed. Thomasr is a sweetie, everybody. Spread the word. He likes being called a sweetie. :)

Thomasr, ahh - okay. There you go then, I have no idea. Thank you for the correction; I'd never have known that. I don't even know who that is, despite your explanation (don't worry - it's not you; it's me).

Unique_Stephen, that's a brilliant idea!! But maybe a little too narrow in its scope ... Also, congratulations to Mr & Mrs Unique_Stephen on also being with child. There's procreation in the air!

CBomb, thanks so much for this link. I added him as soon as I saw your comment (but didn't have time to reply until now). Much appreciated. :) I hope you and Her Radicalness are well.

Steph, um ... I probably won't go that far ...

Missy, thank you. Someone who finally answered my question! I will go and grab some Blu-Tak now. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home