I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Gift That Keeps On Giving (For At Least Six Months)

Many thanks again to Spankk (aka Captain Dingbat) and his 'wuverly wife' (aka Tennille) for their generous gift of a six month subscription to Empire magazine ("The World's Best Movie Magazine" - quite a claim! But it certainly is good) to celebrate me leaving my horrid job back in February.

The first issue of my new subscription arrived yesterday, and I spent a good many hours reading and enjoying it last night.




I believe that these captions on the cover:



TOM CRUISE EXPLODES!

"It's better than the other two"

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3




... refer to Tom's intention to create wedded bliss with Katie Holmes (after his failed attempts with Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman).

* drum fill *

But seriously, I love the magazine and look forward to the other five issues that will be coming my way in future months. I may get so used to it that I'll choose to extend the subscription myself, come September.


----------


PS - Happy birthday to John B, whose birthday (and I'm going from memory of almost ten years ago, here) is either today, or sometime this week. Unlike The Captain and Tennille, I'm not generous enough to have bought you anything.




.

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:42:00 am, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

"Tom Cruise explodes" can make the mind wander in all sorts of evil directions...

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:24:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hehe, yeah - I thought about going down the "icky" path with that quote, but ultimately decided it wasn't me.

However, I wondered who'd be the first to suggest it. Thanks, ChickyBabe; you never let me down! :)

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:14:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is my birthday today and I applaud you for remembering, as I rarely, if ever remind anyone about it (apart from the t-shirt I wear everyday that says in bold letters, 'MY BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 4th OF APRIL!!')
I'll forgive you for not getting me anything as you will need all the money you can get when your baby arrives. Perhaps as a gift to me you could respond to one of my emails. ;-)

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:38:00 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

I wish Tom Cruise would explode - preferably literally, in a manner akin to that dude's head in Cronenberg's most excellent film Scanners...

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:26:00 am, Blogger Unknown said...

i don't know what you guys have against tom cruise. is he not being nice or something? not that i care that much about the guy, really.

quick question, when's kermit's b'day?

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 5:44:00 pm, Blogger unique_stephen said...

Ah, and I thought it was VD

 
At Sunday, April 09, 2006 12:53:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

John B, you do well to chastise me so. I have been terribly lax in replying to my emails. I apologise to all. I'm going to try and reply to them all in the next couple of days. My sincerest apologies. (I'm really impressed with myself for remembering your birthday correctly, though. Snaps to me!)

RichardWatts, welcome! (My apologies if you've left a comment here before and I've forgotten.) I like your style. That explanation of how Tom Cruise should explode is exquisite. Do you do special orders?

Treespotter, welcome! It all comes down to Tom hurting "our Nicole" (TM). That, and his crappy movies / burgeoning ego / wacky Scientology beliefs / perfect teeth. As for your question on Kermit's birthday, thanks for that. I will answer it properly in a post all its own soon. Look out for it. Cheers!

Unique_Stephen, hehe - good call! That made me laugh. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home