I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Oh, Brother - It's On Again

Okay, I got home and watched the Big Brother Launch show, which I finished watching about an hour ago. The big surprise is an interesting one, but not so Earth-shattering that I'm having trouble catching my breath or anything.

Two of the Housemates are mother and daughter, and they must keep this news a secret from the other Housemates for one week, or face nomination (or eviction if they purposely let the cat out of the bag - although why they'd do that, I don't know).



Karen, 36, and her daughter Krystal, 19


As I type this, the closest they've come to being discovered is when they told other Housemates about the matching breast enlargements they had done eight weeks ago. They bluffed their way through that near-miss by pretending it was an amazing coincidence. But really, is this actually a suspicious sign? I don't think I'd hear that and assume they were mother and daughter at all! What kind of mother gets a breast job along with her 19-year-old (and possible still developing) daughter??! ... For the answer, see the above photo. You can read more about the ruse for yourself here.

Incidentally, the information on the website says that Krystal is 20, but in her introductory video (and when interviewed by Gretel on stage) she stated that she was 19, so I'm going off that.

The new BB House looks quite different to all previous Houses (much moreso than other versions have looked, IMHO*), and I like the idea of the punishment room. I like the potential of it, anyway. Whether or not it's a wasted notion remains to be seen.

Other than that, Gretel is ready to get angry and snap at the Housemates when she's in a foul mood, and Mike Goldman is just as golden-tongued as ever. But Big Brother himself sounds like he's going to be much meaner to the Housemates than ever before ... which I think is great!

It's going to be an interesting three months, filled with laughter, heartache, blood, sweat and tears.

And I'll be watching.



* If you don't know, IMHO stands for "In My Humble Opinion".



.

8 Comments:

At Monday, April 24, 2006 7:52:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about that guy who pretty much purposely got them fined after BB had told them the rules. He just looked so smug as he stepped right over the boundry just set for them. That guy's just got no idea.

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 9:42:00 am, Blogger Spankk said...

Did you think it was an odd move of the one chick to say she doesn't like country people when about 40% of the people voting are from the 'country'???

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 11:22:00 am, Blogger Adam said...

After a way full on weekend, I totally watched 3 TV shows in a row, all on channel 10 for like 5 hours. It was a mammoth effort on my part.

While I enjoyed the show, I didn't realise that the biggest loser thing was just a recap show until 7:21pm - guess I'm not that smart and was a bit disappointed that it wasn't actually the final or anything.

Big Brother will be interesting I think. They've always gone for a wide cross section of people and I think now they've figured out that only really teenage girls are voting so all the housemates are attractiveish (ie, none would look out of place in Chapel St, if you're into that kind of thing) and all seem to be within an age bracket of 5 years or so. At this stage, there doesn't seem to be any interesting intelligent Tim like characters at all.

The mum is the only one not in the young 20s age bracket, which might be a clue in itself. It is a little clever how they had this and the twin thing in the first week, otherwise not many people would watch in the first couple of weeks.

I do like how everyone is fairly similar which means there won't be any obvious easy candidates for early eviction like in previous years.

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 3:10:00 pm, Blogger Tammiodo said...

I don't want to watch, but BB and I have this magnetic attraction I just can't deny... I'm already lamenting the loss of much of the next four months.

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 7:42:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

I'm planning on spending a lot more time at the Gym while this is on.

I loathe Big Brother.

Thankfully, I can't watch Channel 10 there at the moment so won't be catching any of it even by accident.

:)

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:51:00 pm, Blogger noshie said...

No Aussie BB here in the UK. Hoping for the English version maybe, but I think we just missed one when we arrived.
I guess it's going to be a year without it for Adie and Noshie. :(
Noshie

 
At Friday, April 28, 2006 3:25:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

John B, you're talking about Jamie. Yeah, I don't think he (or any of the others) understood just how 'nasty' Big Brother is going to be to them this year. They might be getting an idea about it now, though. :)

Sheriff of Nothing, you might be hoping for too much, then, methinks! It's still only crap Aussie reality TV, after all. I don't think Michael is going to work out the relationship thing, so he'll be up for eviction. For someone who thinks he's highly intelligent (he stood at the 'MOST' end of the line when it came to intelligence), he's really as subtle as a wet brick when it comes to interrogating fellow Housemates! Thankfully, none of the others are too cluey either, so no one seems too suspicious of his conversations with them yet. I'd be being a lot more manipulative and clever about it, though. The guy's a bit dense when it comes to remaining inconspicuous.

Spankk, yes - she didn't seem to have thought that one through at all. She also didn't quite understand why Gretel was giving her a chance to retract the comment! (I like how you're standing up for those Country Wide callers, btw!)

Adam, yes - I commented to Wifey the other week how much Channel 10 features on our VCR nowadays. House, NCIS, TGYH, Big Brother, The Biggest Loser (although that's basically gone now), The Simpsons, Futurama, Neighbours, Rove Live ... only Lost, The Amazing Race and to a lesser extent Desperate Housewives, Commander In Chief and Boston Legal hold any real competition in our house, and they're all on Channel 7. Oh, I should put a vote in for Survivor and 20 To 1 on Channel 9 (purely for Wifey's benefit, though). It's pretty crazy! A year or two ago, we'd hardly have switched across to Channel 10 at all! As for the Biggest Loser special last Sunday night, it wasn't all a recap - there were new footage and interviews and insight in there, but I know what you mean. I knew when the Finale was, though, so I wasn't under any false expectations. Yes, BB holds the potential for keeping us interested over the opening few weeks ... apparently many of them have a secret which BB probably has them keeping until various stages of the show, like David's sexuality and the mother/daughter relationship. I suspect there are more surprises to come.

Tammiodo, I completely understand how you feel. I know I probably shouldn't watch it, but I just can't help myself.

Riss, fair enough, I hope you don't think any less of me, though. :)

Michelle, you're absolutely right - I wouldn't argue with that sentiment for a second.

Noshie, yeah - we've been hearing about the 2006 UK version of Big Brother down here already! I'd say you've missed it. Does that really disappoint you, though? Surely it just means that you have even more time to sight-see rather than sit in front of the telly! :) Although, at night there's only so much you can do ...

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006 9:13:00 pm, Blogger Tammiodo said...

Noshie I don't know that you would have missed all of it... i was talking to my brother-in-law-to-be who is living in London at the mo, and he was watching it.... Is it true there's a guy with Tourette's syndrome on it? isn't that just awful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home