I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ma & Pa Have Flown The Coop

My parents, the erstwhile Mum & Dad of BEVIS' Blogdom, flew out of Sydney airport on Sunday evening to spend a month overseas.

They will be visiting all manner of European nations (actually, it's just England and France), and will also have time to stop off in Singapore for some illegal DVDs shopping.

My brother, pictured below, forgot to wish them 'Bon Voyage' before they left. He rang Dad's mobile, but it had been switched off already because they were inside the airport by then.

Tut-tut, little bro!




If you're reading this, Mum & Dad, I'm glad I thought to call you the day before your departure so I could tell you how much I loved you and wish you a wonderful holiday. It's a pity not everyone in the family loves you as much as I do.

By the way, you know how you asked if I wanted anything duty free and I said no? Well, can you get me something from the Sherlock Holmes Museum instead?








Anything interesting would be lovely, and would show me how much my kind words of farewell meant to you. Many thanks.

Your favourite son,

BEVIS



.

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:29:00 am, Blogger Unknown said...

if i missed the last few posts, did you find out Kermit's b'day yet?

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 2:40:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Ah, no - you didn't miss it, Treespotter; I just hadn't gotten back to you yet, sorry.

Stay tuned tomorrow ...

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 5:39:00 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

Tag, you're it!

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 6:49:00 pm, Blogger magical_m said...

That's brothers for you... useless.

My brother didn't even realise our mum was up here in Sydney visiting me (they live in Adelaide) until he rang her mobile to see if she could babysit.

Shame Brutha, shame. Behaviour like that'll get you ousted from the will.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:29:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Hey, it's good to see you treat your siblings with the same care and attention that I do to mine. Infact we all do to each other.
Hope you get one of them spiffing caps, or the mag glass, that may help you tracks us down.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:39:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

no, that's okay... i understand you're busy with mom and dad stuff... glad you have a happy weekend...

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006 2:43:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

Gee, it must be the season for parents to go to Europe! Mine leave in a couple of weeks for Tuscany followed by the UK. We have to have Mothers Day early this year which means I'll be "an orphan" on the actual date so have organised to meet Al to do the Mothers Day Challenge around the Melbourne Botanic Gardens. Wanna come along or will you be travelling to Wifey's parents (and if so, please tell them I said hello)?

 
At Friday, April 28, 2006 2:30:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

RichardWatts, thanks again for the tag - no, I haven't forgotten about it. I'm going to do it over the weekend and post it early next week, I promise! I'll let you know when it's up. Cheers!

Magical_M, that's what I keep telling my brother - that he's not getting anything in the will for his behaviour. Ain't it funny how siblings across the globe think alike?

Clokeeeey, I won't need the attire to do a 'Holmes' on you - you guys are gonna be tracked down regardless. However, that being said, I might wait to see if my parents get me one of those 'Sherlock hats' - just so I can look the part when I knock on your door (and run away).

Treespotter, yeah - you say that now, but earlier ... :)

Riss, get 'em all out of the country so we can rule it ourselves, I say! (As long as we get presents when they come home.) As for your kind invitation, I'll have to check with The Boss and see what's what on the day. I haven't thought that far ahead but undoubtedly Wifey will already know what our plans are. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home