I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Too Eggs-travagant?

Well, Easter Sunday has come and gone. The Lord is risen, and we all have a lot of chocolate to prove it. New life, etc.

That's my annual sermon on the subject - I hope you didn't fall asleep.

So how'd everyone do with their Easter Egg haul? I did okay, but due to being out of work, it wasn't a massively crazy amount of chocolate (although I should be careful - to some of you, it still may seem like an enormous amount of chocolate).

To make things easier, I tried to take a photo of the entire chocolate supply for both Wifey and myself before we tucked into it. Unfortunately, this wasn't possible, so you'll just have to imagine that there are a couple of extra bunnies and a four-pack of mini Humpty Dumpty eggs in there (which you can't see because we'd eaten them by the time I took this photo).




Naturally, when I say "we", I of course mean "I". I'm the one who ate the missing chocolate, ... and I've eaten a fair bit more since the above shot was taken, too.

If you're wondering about the breakdown of Wifey's chocolate versus mine, she gets the one on the far left, and the rest is mine.

That totals:

  • 7 x 200g bunnies
  • 1 x 180g bunny (filled with mini-Smarties)
  • 1 x 150g 'Maxi' Kinder Surprise
  • 2 x 240g packet of Cadbury Creme Eggs (as seen on the back of the trailer in my previous post - only not quite as big, to be honest)
  • 1 x 58g packet of mini-Cadbury Creme Eggs (I really like them, okay?)
  • 1 x 120g packet of Fruit & Nut eggs
  • 1 x 120g packet of Turkish Delight eggs
  • 1 x 160g Cadbury Dairy Milk egg
  • 1 x 165g Humpty Dumpty (with Smarties)
  • 4 x mini-Humpty Dumpty eggs - the ones I mentioned earlier (with mini-Smarties) totalling 220g between them
  • ... and Wifey's 80g mini-bunny.


Wasn't it lovely of me to share?

----------------

EDIT:

In other news, apologies go out to my good friend Curly Top G, whose birthday it was on Saturday 15th April. I remembered a few times throughout the day, but never when I had the opportunity to call, SMS or email him. But he knows I love him (it's written on the matching tattoos we got when we were young and carefree).

Additionally, today is the birthday of Our Forgetful Friend from this post, and Wifey & I will be attending her birthday 'do' for the majority of the day.

Birthdays come thick and fast during this particular week of April. Thankfully we're through it now, but I must also say happy birthday (for earlier in the week) to LAA (12th), Mum (13th) and Dom (14th). I hope everyone's happy now.

:)


.

6 Comments:

At Monday, April 17, 2006 12:15:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're not Smarties - there's two different shades of purple and two different shades of red.

 
At Monday, April 17, 2006 9:43:00 pm, Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Don't go into a sugar coma.
We would miss you.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:01:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Hey, what was in the Maxi Kinder suprise?

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 2:26:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

CBomb, I know, they're an overseas version, but the only Australian pic I could find didn't make them look very appetising at all. Technically, they're still Smarties, but you're right in that they're not the sort they make and sell here in Australia. (However, I must say - that was some excellent detective work done by you - I'm very impressed!!)

MeghansDiscontent, hehe - thanks. I'll try to take it easy. :) Truth be told, more than just the little bunny on the left was for Wifey, and we haven't eaten too many of them just yet anyway. We're taking it easy.

Clokeeeey, we haven't gotten to it yet, but I'll keep you posted.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006 1:18:00 pm, Blogger Susanne said...

Sounds like you had a good easter. :)

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2006 2:14:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Yep, and the good thing about Easter is, chocolate's the treat that keeps on giving!

(When you've got enough of it, anyway.)

Yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home