I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Here's What You Guys Look Like, Etc (Part Two)

After some people got slightly miffed (or in reality, pointed out how much I'd gotten it wrong) when I posted pictures last Friday of how I imagine a lot of you in my head, I promised to re-submit those I'd been having some fun with, and a couple of others who gave me some additional pointers.

Hopefully this will be closer to the mark.


*** I SAY AGAIN: BY READING BEYOND THIS POINT YOU ARE AGREEING NOT TO GET OFFENDED BY WHAT FOLLOWS. I USED THE CLOSEST PHOTO I COULD FIND THAT REPRESENTED THE IDEA OF YOU I HAVE IN MY HEAD. THIS IDEA MAY NOT BE ACCURATE OR EVEN VERY CLOSE, BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF YOU SO MY MIND'S EYE HAS 'PACKAGED' YOU INTO DIFFERENT TYPES OF APPEARANCES. (WHY ARE SO MANY OF YOU GIRLS BRUNETTE IN MY HEAD?) DON'T BLAME (THE CONSCIOUS) ME. SOME OF WHAT FOLLOWS ARE DONE AS GAGS ANYWAY. PLEASE JUST TAKE IT ALL IN GOOD HUMOUR. AND THIS TIME, I MEAN IT (THERE WILL BE NO THIRD ATTEMPTS; AT LEAST NOT AT THIS TIME). ***


In no particular order:


Anna A Spades:




Tuppence:




Tuppence (left) and Anna A Spades (right) in happier times:




Cape Man:




Cotton:



Sherriff:




Logan:
(Keep away from my Grannie, Logan.)




Melbourne Girl:
(but imagine her with more hair - thicker in volume, etc)




Princess:




Sublime-ation:




Djali:




ChickyBabe:




Adam:
(but imagine him younger)




Gav:
(but imagine him older)




Gun Street Girl:




Susanne:




Scary As A Kitten:




Quirkie:
(but imagine her less-animated)




Gregory Surlyboy:
(all growed up)




Elaine:




Steph:




Gianluca Di Milano:




And to finish off, a little storyboard sequence, all about my good friends Adie & Noshie, who are travelling the world together (and according to the most recent - as I type this - comment on the original post, Noshie would never be able to get Adie to wear a pink shirt).

TABLEAUX - Scene 1

Here is Noshie 'going off' at Adie for refusing to wear a pink shirt:




TABLEAUX - Scene 2

Here are Adie & Noshie, perturbed about their future together ("I don't know how you expect me to love a man who won't wear a pink shirt for me." -- "But Noshie, it just doesn't go well with my skin tones!").

Things look pensive. Let's give them a minute alone, okay?




TABLEAUX - Scene 3

Ahh, good. Here they are again, travelling in New York, gazing happily into each other's eyes as they embrace. Clearly they made up. Let's not ask how.




FIN.




Everyone feel better now?




PS -

This is me, coming home from a night out with some mates, just helping out around the traps (I'm in pretty high demand, but I like to volunteer my time where it can be used the most effectively).





PPS -

That's not the number 'eleven' on the front of the helmet. The little stick that's meant to join the two together in the middle fell off as I was rescuing the twenty-third child (of the night) from a burning building. It's meant to be a capital 'H', which is short for my nickname, 'Hero'.


PPPS -

No, sorry - I don't do interviews.



.

15 Comments:

At Saturday, February 25, 2006 2:58:00 am, Blogger Quirkie said...

Ah BEVIS, bless you. Actually, I was flatterred to be included in your first list. AS an aside, my friends actually think I'm way too animated, generally speaking. But thanks for the thought :)

And, by the way, if I'd realised how incredibly sexy you look in your fireman's outfit, I would have used much better manners.

Shallow?

How dare you!

I am outraged.

Dear boy.

Also slightly pissy, you may notice. Please skip this comment in the morning.

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 9:58:00 am, Blogger gun street girl said...

Nah your way off for mine this time the first one was closer.
I ripped you off and put one of these on my blog.

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:10:00 am, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Now I know exactly what my weather Pixie would look like if she was real! Nice one Bevis! :)

Sublime-ation, you look hawt!!!

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 2:32:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

close, except i have a beard not a moustache.

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:03:00 pm, Blogger sublime-ation said...

Woohoo! You've outdone yourself Bevis. I am like a combination of the two images you've posted. One for me in my hottest state, one for me after a hard night out. And everyone else looks nearly exactly how I picture them to.
You've got some kind of mad imaging skills.

 
At Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:46:00 pm, Blogger Enny said...

I think you might've only read me once but I was still hopin to be in round two ;o)

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 12:47:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Quirkie, hehe. :) I hope you had a good night - and recovered well the following morning! I know I look hot in my fireman's uniform, but I don't like to boast. (Plus, I'd just come from a fire, so looking hot makes perfect sense, I suppose.)

Gun Street Girl, ah well. You can't win 'em all. I'm very glad you took the idea and ran with it (it was an open invitation to do so, after all), and your pic of me made me laugh out loud. Very good! :)

ChickyBabe, yes - I definitely think that looks like Pixie. And you've said before that there's a good reason you picked her to be your WeatherPixie, so I choose to believe that I've done very well with this guess if you think it looks like her. Because, by default, I reckon it also looks like you. (Does that make sense, or have I had too much whisky?) Thanks for the multiple links from your blog, too. :)

Steph, sorry about the additional gag - I just couldn't help myself when I found the pic. I hope you don't mind being one of the few bloggers about whom I only provided joke images. In truth, I imagine you being similar to the pic I used for MeghansDiscontent in the original post.

Sublime-ation, thanks! :) If I've somehow pegged you somewhere in the middle there, then I reckon I've done alright.

Auburn, huh? I did you already. Was I way off? I don't know what you mean by 'as someone else'. Are you saying you have another blogger identity and I 'did' them instead? (Because if so, I think I know which one it is, but I won't 'out' you in case it's not meant to be common knowledge and/or I'm wrong.) Anyway, I 'did' you on the original post as well, you know ... Maybe you should have another look, if you missed it the first time around.

Dear, dear Enny, I have possibly only commented on your blog once, but I assure you that I've visited more often than that. Anyway, to make it easier, I kept this photo thing to those I've already added to my blogroll (which could possibly do with being updated around now, anyway), and then this second attempt was purely to fix the poor guesses from last time around. Additional people - including yourself - will be done at a later date (when you've been added to my blogroll, for starters). I promise you I haven't forgotten ya. :)

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 1:54:00 pm, Blogger Enny said...

Awwww. Thankyoooou!

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 2:31:00 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Whoa! You've been spot on both times with your pics of me - but that's not surprising given all the 'special' photos I've sent you.

Could this possibly be the best blog in the world?

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 2:46:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

bevis, no cigar mister. i don't have small breast with pert nipples. i don't have sunglasses shaped like that. i don't have a fringe or a shortish bob. you simply have missed all the references to my big hair and associated iss-ews. and that woman looks nice.

or is that just an idealised version of me? how you would like to think i look?

it's way off i'm afraid. but princess is closer. much closer.

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 3:33:00 pm, Blogger Susanne said...

Yeah... I like the first one picture of me with brown hair better. Less trashy.

Now, where is your picture Mr. Bevis? If that is your real name.

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:46:00 pm, Blogger Logan said...

That's more like it Bevis. I think the new picture captures that certain 'Don't mess with me.' quality I would really like to possess, but in reality fail to pull off because my rather cute and loveable personality gets in the way.

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:59:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

No worries, Enny. :)

Adam, sure - those photos certainly helped. But I also remember you fondly from those days we used to spend strolling along the beach, hand in hand, talking about the future and what a big brave world it was.

(And to answer your question: Yes.)

MelbourneGirl, I said that the hair would be bigger and stuff! But what do you mean by: "and that woman looks nice" ?? Are you saying you're not? That's no way to talk about yourself! We all think you're lovely, don't we!?

Everyone: (unenthusiastically) Yeahhhhh.

See? Would a make-believe group of faceless nobodies I coerced into agreeing with me against their will lie to you?

Susanne, sorry - I didn't mean to make you look anything other than above reproach. No 'trashy' qualities were implied. I was only trying to fix the brunette/blonde thing. As for my picture, it's already up there. It's the last pic on the post (did you read the whole thing or what?)!

Logan, I dunno ... I'd keep away from you if I could (but maybe that's just your odour).

 
At Saturday, March 04, 2006 9:00:00 pm, Blogger Jellyfish said...

Hi Bevis, please forgive the lateness of this response - I have been slow to catch up on everyone's blogs!

I am beyond flattered that my internet persona connects me to a picture of a super-saucy '60s beehive sporting hoop-earrings-wearing chick. She is a total sasscat and I love her. However, aside from the dark colouring she does not really resemble me at all. Or should I say she resembles me in spirit (ie. sassy) but not in appearance.

I am not very girly in appearance, do not really wear earrings and only rarely get gussied up like that girl. BUT - I do kind of have an obsession with that era and have a lot of '60s clothes, and did attend my year 11 formal in a '60s dress with my hair done up in a huge beehive JUST LIKE THAT ONE!

So you're on the right track. :)

Finally, I'd just like to say that this is a very excellent post idea. If I hadn't already met too many bloggers for it to work, I would steal it myself.

 
At Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:55:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Jellyfish, no worries; it's a pleasure to have you here. Please, take your shoes off. Relax. Can I get you some marijuana? (I mean 'coffee'.) How about some absinthe? (I mean 'heroin'.) (No, I mean 'absinthe'.) Anyway, I'm glad you liked the pic I selected for you. For some reason, that's the kind of person I see in my mind's eye when I think of you / visit your blog / read your comments / roll your joint. I'm glad I at least got the "dark colouring" and "sassy in spirit" bits right. Oh, and the beehive, even if I am a handful of years (how many exactly? I wouldn't dare to dream) too late on that one.

Cotton: Sorry dude. That sounds painful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home