I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Shout Out # 3

It's high-time I got back to my Shout Outs (I've only got 60 or 70 to go, at this point!). You may recall that I'm calling these things 'yuyus' (which is the opposite to 'memes', because they're not about me - they're about one of yu).*

This time, the 'yu' in question is Clokeeeey!

I'm not much in to sports, but that's alright. He's not much in to Muppets. And yet we frequent one another's blogs. He's a champ; a good guy; an everyday hero. He has a child, he works, he lives, he loves, he laughs ... and his adores his football.

No, not just 'adores' ... I mean "ADORES"!

(I hope I've emphasised that strongly enough.)

To Clokes (as I like to call him, and I'm sure he's okay with that ... right?), football is one of the most important aspects of his life. And when I say 'football', I'm talking about this code here.

And of all sixteen teams in the AFL, which one is Clokeeeey's favourite? You guessed it. Sorry, no. Wrong one. I meant to say this one.

A Collingwood fan through-and-through. A Pies supporter (as in Magpies, for the uninitiated; although he probably enjoys the odd meat pie as well, who am I to say?**).

So we've established that Clokeeeey is a crazed Collingwood fan. He probably even loves this guy here (although many wonder if this man could be the Antichrist). But what of Clokeeeey the man?

Well, as I type this, his most recent post is a letter to a friend, advising him on his love life. He has written posts on dogs, Victoria's Secret, the World Cup, bizarre and obscure song lyrics posts (I think he was "gettin' some" at this point), cricket, the Melbourne Cup ... in fact most kinds of sports ... and whatever else strikes his fancy.

Clokeeeey is an honest, dependable, trustworthy, faithful and above all, reliable friend. Even though the previous sentence makes him sound like an adult diaper, the point is he's always there with a kind word, and an encouraging comment, and a great sense of humour.

He's even trying to set up his WeatherPixie with a female WeatherPixie!

He's just such a great guy - be sure to check him out, especially if you're keen on sports. Let's here it for Clokeeeey! He's always kicking goals.

*massive groan*

... Sorry about that.

------

In other news, I've been working on the list of links on my template, which you can see on the right-hand side of my blog. I've added Buy Me: Stuff (my Froogle Wishlist - hey, there's no reason I shouldn't give it a try, right?), plus about 50 new Celebrity Bloggers. I found a great webpage of Celebrity blogs, so I grabbed the ones that interested me - and a bunch that didn't - and added them to my list. Many of them are WAY out of date, but it's sometimes interesting to see what these 'famous' people think and say. Plus, you never know when they might return to post something new. I've also added an audio clip to my Profile page, but no prizes for guessing what it is.



* As I said last time, this term is not my own, but I'll credit the person who cleverly thought it up when it falls to be their turn for a Shout Out / yuyu.

** I'm BEVIS.



.

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:45:00 pm, Blogger elaine said...

but bevis! I already gave you this

Aye, clokes is tops. I was wondering if his letter was to himself. What do you think? Am I reading too much into it?

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:10:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Oh no - how could I have missed that?!?

Not only have you proven yourself to be a much better bloggy friend (for which I am unimaginably sorry, grovel-style), but you're also much smarter than me (but was there ever any doubt?). I never thought about that with Clokeeeey's letter; but of course I think you're right. Very well done to both of you. I'm going to go away and stick my head in an oven now. Stupid me.

I haven't quite caught up on all the blogginess I wanted to catch up on yet. Life' been crazy-busy, and I can't TELL you the lack of joy I've been having on the job-hunting stakes. (Is that an appropriate amount of pity to prevent you from blacklisting me, do you think??)

*crosses fingers, waits, hopes for my favourite she-pirate to show mercy and spare me the plank ... or the cat o' nine tails*

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:11:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

hello you two. clokes is a good one. and no, the letter wasn't to himself; it's clear to me anyway. but i'm sure he'll comment on it. i loved your yuyu to him bevis, he deserves some nice words.

as for the celebrity blogs, i am so excited, i am going to peruse. i DO so want to read what the famous people say on their blogs.

can we comment on them?

and i guess the next thing would be to try and bring one of them into our circle of love. which one would you like to have commenting on your blog bevis?

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:12:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

hey btw bevis, there was an ad in the age on saturday for a web designer or editor can't remember which for a tourism body.

did you see it?

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:20:00 pm, Blogger Quirkie said...

Those celebrity bloggers make me feel all creepy. I mean, it's pretty revolting. They write some easy-to-peddle-half-assed-pseudo-lefty-claptrap, presumably because their agents or producers or whatever think its good for publicity. That's not the revolting bit. The revolting bit is where they get heaps of sycophantic commenters who don't seem to realise that their fave celeb isn't even reading them. Creepy.

I checked some out, if you're wondering. I was hoping John Cusack would tell me what he had for breakfast.

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:26:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

i haven't been over there yet quirkie, but i'm sure you're right. do you think any of them actually write anything themselves? surely they can't be being fabulous all the freaking time? surely they would have free time, and then run off to their computers?? surely there would be some among them that like to write and like the idea of having that contact with the masses?

maybe not...

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:55:00 am, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Bevis.
Thanks for the yu-yu. I'm honoured to be in the top three, does this mean I "win" the bronze medal?

Elaine, yes you are reading to much into it. The open letter wasn't to myself. I couldn't be happier in my relationship. We are very much in love!

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:39:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

MelbourneGirl, you seem to be even cleverererer than Elaine and me. I wish someone would just tell me who he's addressing, dammit. (Is it a sportsman? I wouldn't know.)

You ask a good question about the celebrity blogs - I'd want the celeb who chose to comment on my blog to be someone intelligent and/or amusing, so going from the list on my blog, it'd have to be one of the following:

Dave Barry
Zack Braff
John Cusack
Larry David
Ellen DeGeneres
Stephen Fry
Neil Gaiman
Christopher Guest
Nick Hornby
Bill Maher
Steve Martin
Kelly Preston
Harry Shearer
Kevin Smith


(Please note: Kelly Preston gets an honourable mention due to being the subject of a teenage crush.)

And thank you for spotting that ad - I will look again, although 'Web Editor' probably isn't what I want to do. I say 'probably' because I don't yet know for sure, so I'll certainly check it out. Many thanks to you for letting me know! :)

Quirkie, hehe. Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

MelbourneGirl, some of them write their own themselves, but most of them have left the things behind sometime in 2005.

Clokeeeey, hey there - no worries! Unfortunately the ordering system is quite random (although I've alternated between a boy blogger and a girl blogger wherever I could - that's the only variable), so being the third to receive a Shout Out / yuyu doesn't guarantee you a bronze medal. Sorry sportsfreak, it just doesn't. I noticed that you didn't tell Elaine and me exactly who the letter is written to.

*grumblegrumblegrumble*

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:20:00 pm, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Bevis, my letter was written to a good friend of mine, lets call him Knarf. Knarf and I are work mates and our daughters are roughly the same age. He's a single dad and it's pretty clear to me now that he should keep it that way.

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:51:00 pm, Blogger elaine said...

Hurrah! then. Hurrah for happy things!

Bevis, nothing to forgive or blacklist for I know how thankless job hunting is! I'll save the keel haulin' for some other time when you've done something genuinely bad. P-)

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:05:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

i love the way elaine does that pirate emoti-thingi.

it is the best one i have e'er seen, and if i were to be a poirate, i would use it all the toime.

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 1:07:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Clokeeeey, I see - thanks for that! :) I don't know how MG knew about this, then. That's what threw me. Sorry for prying.

Elaine, I couldn't have put it better myself. Hurrah for things. I hope to avoid any such keel haulin' in the future as much as now (but I guess I'd better watch myself!). Thanks for your understanding. Yes, job hunting hasn't been much fun so far. Hopefully this will change soon.

MelbourneGirl, yes, I do it too whenever I'm on her blog or talking to her here. Incidentally, if you were to be a pirate, would the cockney accent be essential? :) Hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home