I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Five Things Meme

I was tagged for this meme by Sheriff of Nothing about seven years ago (or so it seems). My apologies to you, Sheriff, for this most tardy of responses. However, the good news is that I'm finally doing it. And this way, the excitement has been spread out over a longer period.

Or something like that.

-----

What were you doing ten years ago?

I was President of the drama group at uni, entering my second year as President (third as a uni student), and all was going well. I was in love with a girl who I had fooled myself into thinking loved me back, although secretly I knew she didn't. (It was doomed to explode in my face the following year.) I was living with a couple of mates and about to move in with a friend's family for next-to-nothing (while using their food, drink, laundry service, bed linen service, and even car like it was my own - I was on a good wicket for a while there). My studies were suffering because I was spending all my time concentrating on the uni drama group, and we were preparing for auditions for the annual musical production, which that year was Bye Bye Birdie.


What were you doing one year ago?

Working on the website for my former (but of course 'current' at the time) workplace. Getting a free feed anytime I could during O'Week and the first couple of weeks of semester.


Five snacks you enjoy:

1. Ice Cream:Bulla Creamy Classics Rich Choc Chip
2. Doughnuts: Chocolate or strawberry iced, or Krispy Kreme Original Glazed
3. Chocolate bars: Violet Crumble and Turkish Delight (chocolate-coated, like Fry's)
4. Chips: Burger Rings, Toobs and Chicken Twisties
5. Biscuits/Cookies: Chocolate Creme Oreos and Arnott's Choc Ripple


Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

1. "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" (including the rapidly-spoken parts), from The Blues Brothers
2. "M-A-R-V-E-L-L-O-U-S" by The Twelfth Man
3. "Just A Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody Medley" (including the ad libbed nonsense babbling he does) by David Lee Roth
4. Any song from the following musicals: My Fair Lady, The Producers, Kiss Me Kate, Grease, Bye Bye Birdie, Chicago, The Boy Friend, The Pirates of Penzance, A Slice of Saturday Night, A Chorus Line, Beauty & The Beast, City of Angels, Clue - The Musical, RENT, and Dreamer
5. And, of course, The Muppet Show's theme song, as well as every song to ever feature in a Muppet movie


Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1. Put nine-tenths of it in a high interest account and keep it there, untouched for as long as humanly possible (the remaining tenth would be donated to my church)
2. Pay off the house and all other debts (then build our own dream home - to our specifications - and move there ASAP)
3. Never work again (instead, write at my leisure)
4. Travel the world in style and over a very extended period of time
5. Track down and buy every Muppet collectible that ever existed


Five bad habits:

1. Driving too fast
2. Correcting other people's grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc (it's just that they're so wrong!)
3. Knowing everything (although I can't help being a genius)
4. Being too attractive for my own good
5. Lying about my level of attractiveness


Five things you like doing:

1. Film & television (watching, reviewing, researching, making my own, etc)
2. Writing
3. Blogging (a lot!)
4. Spending time with Wifey and my friends
5. Spending time with my cats


Five things you would never wear, buy or get new again:

1. A dress
2. A wig
3. Any more jewellery than I already own / wear
4. Spandex
5. A fluoro T-shirt

(Note: The exception to this is that I'll wear any or all of the above if an acting role demanded it.)


The meme stuff:

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.

Diary of an Average Australian
HighRiser
Random Concoction
Anyone Can Try Anything Twice
I Blogged Myself


Then select five people to tag:

Let's get to know some people who are (relatively or very literally) new around here. Apologies if you're not into memes (I wouldn't know after only meeting some of you once), and if you didn't plan to visit again, further apologies for dragging you back under. :)

Whether or not you choose to complete this meme is totally up to you. You don't have to if you don't want to. But please let me know if-and-when you do it. And as for sticking to just five people to tag, I never was any good with numbers.

Tyson
Enny
MindlessMunkey
LeighAnn
BlinkWhenPassing
Missy
Thérèse
Officially Thirty & Fabulous


I hope at least a couple of you will indulge me, so I can get to know a little more about you. :) Cheers.




.

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:37:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, allright....but it might take a little time.

Hard questions........geez! Can't I just copy your answers?

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 5:12:00 am, Blogger missy said...

Evil!! Good for you I have a soft spot for Kermit ;-)

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:07:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting you mention Clue: The Musical. It's a fairly unknown little show, but I did happen to see it some 6 or so year ago.

You'll be keen to hear I have reciprocated your meme tagging.

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:33:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Whoa - okay Tyson, are you trying to mess with my mind, or is that your subtle way of telling me we know each other?

In case you're not trying to be funny, and this is an innocent coincidence, I was the director of the Australian premiere of Clue - The Musical in 1999, hence the reason for my suspicions concerning your all-too-vague-yet-strangely-specific reference to the show from around that time.

I think you know exactly who you're talking to, don't you. Send me an email and SPILL!!

muppet_bevis[at]tpg[dot]com[dot]au

-----------

Sheriff of Nothing, thank you. Yes, I knew about the construction starting tomorrow, but I can't be there (if I was there, could I have possibly, perchance, run into you?). I'm on the official Krispy Kreme email list, and received a 'private' invitation in the mail (like all the hundreds of other Melburnians on the list, I'm sure! ... including you, I take it?) to the ground-breaking ceremony, where doughnuts will be given away. I also received an official email just before about a massive 10,000-doughnut giveaway that's happening in the Melbourne CBD on Thursday. More on that later.

Missy, good to know. :) Sorry about that (you can always decline, of course - there's no pressure to do it if you don't want to).

LeighAnn, I think that would defeat the purpose of getting to know more about you, but hey - I can't make you do anything! :) Take all the time you want. I certainly did!

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:03:00 pm, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Okay, Mr. Imagination, What do I look like? (Previous post).
~Fabulous : )~

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:11:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to dissapoint, but I believe it just happens to be a co-incidence. I spent hours digging through boxes to find the old Clue programme, and I didn't know the director then, nor do I know the director now. I saw the show because I knew the guy (yes) who played Mrs. White.

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:09:00 pm, Blogger Enny said...

Done !
Done!

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:19:00 am, Blogger Thérèse said...

It's in the works. Not tomorrow, but the next day (Thursday), it will be up. :)

And I don't feel pressured, so don't worry.

The muppets are funny on so many levels that you have to experience the same episode at least six times to fully appreciate each nuance.

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:01:00 am, Blogger Thérèse said...

PS. You were so right. Finding pictures takes forever!

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:49:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, but tell me something.........how did you come across my blog? (Just curious)

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:02:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Officially Thirty & Fabulous, I'm not going there again. At least not for a fair while. I've already promised that I'll do another one of those image posts in a few months or more, once I've got some new people on my blogroll, but until then, it just takes up too much time! Anyway, until I know you a bit better, I imagine you purely as your bio pic portrays you. (That, and 'fabulous'!)

Tyson, that's pretty freakin' amazing, dude. Well, like I said, the director of the Australian premiere was Yours Truly. Fancy! You possibly saw the Fab Nobs or Whitehorse do it. I believe they were second and third in Australia to put in on. Or maybe it was someone else I'm unaware of. That coulda been a spooky 6-billion-to-1 thing, for a second there!

Enny, I love it! :)

Thérèse, no worries at all. Glad to see someone who appreciates the many layers to The Muppet Show! :) PS - Told ya so!

Sheriff of Nothing, in that case, I hope you enjoy the CBD freebies! If you decide to pop along. :)

Fire Tart, not at all. I guess you like the grandfatherly figure, the authority figure, the sugar (grand)daddy, the dominating figure? Each to their own.

LeighAnn, to be honest, I thought you'd left a message here first, just the other day. Perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe someone played a trick on us by leaving a fake message under one of our names and providing the link to our profile page. (That happens.) I don't think it matters either way, though - as long as we don't mind reading each other's blogs, we get the last laugh. :)

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:56:00 am, Blogger Thérèse said...

Bevis, you're not allowed to hate me for changing my mind. I changed my mind. I put something else up instead though, that will serve the same purpose.

(giggle)

 
At Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:24:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

I love it. No problem at all. :)

 
At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 11:38:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting. I say, did anyone catch Muppets in Space recently..A very fine piece of movie magic. However I have to say that Muppet Treasure Island with all it's songs and one liners is far more superior. It's late, to bed i go!

 
At Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:24:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hi there, Anonymous! I own all the videos and most of the DVDs for the Muppet movies (the original is the only one outstanding from my DVD collection but that will soon be rectified, I can assure you!), so I did not watch it on TV. I don't even know if it was on Australian TV or TV in another country. However, my personal favourite is the original Muppet movie, imaginatively called The Muppet Movie (as I'm sure you know, since you appear to know your Muppet movies!). It's a classic, and features the most, out of all the Muppet movies, of my all-time favourite Muppet: Rowlf the Dog. But I can't disagree with you for your observations on either movie you mentioned. I'm clearly biased, but I think all of the Muppet movies are wonderful! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home