I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Wifey!

I love Wifey very much.

Today we celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary. We'd already enjoyed our 'treat' (see here), so we just enjoyed the day together with our charming little man Sweetums ... and a growing mystery baby inside Wifey's gut.

It's amazing to think back to our wedding and realise that it was six years ago!

And yes, for those of you "in the know", I did sing Wifey the song I wrote and performed for her at our wedding (part of the words to the song itself pledged that I'd sing her the song every year on our anniversary). Haven't missed it yet.

Don't ever intend to.


.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, February 05, 2009 1:12:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

hey you posted! nevermind that it's ages old. it means you're still around.

i hope things are good, say hello to wifey.

just to make you jellus, guess who i had a chat to on the phone a couple of weeks ago, and who i'm going to catch up with once kids have settled back in at school?

shall i get you an autograph?

 
At Friday, February 06, 2009 12:31:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

YES PLEASE!!!

 
At Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:49:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

Oh hay! Just checking in to make sure you're ok with the fires and everything. I know you're not blogging much at the moment but would appreciate a quick comment here to let me know you're ok.

I really hope you don't have family or friends in the affected areas.

Ciao for now.

MG x

 
At Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:59:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hi there -- aren't you sweet!!

Yes, we're all fine, thank you. We were never near the danger zones, and fortunately (for us) we don't know anyone who was caught up in all the terror that was Black Saturday.

Not so fortunately, we know many people who KNOW people who lost their lives, homes and livelihoods, so we're not TOTALLY unaffected ... but then, who in this country is?? It's a terrible business and as humans, I think we're ALL impacted by it greatly.

Meanwhile, my workplace is such that we're getting a lot of calls for assistance and a lot of calls OFFERING assistance (not all of it practical, which makes it hard to say 'no' -- and the person offering it is often expecting to be praised, so being turned down for offering free furniture to those who lost their houses [even though there are NO HOUSES in which to store this furniture, genius] is frequently met with surprise that their help isn't wanted at this stage -- try back in three months, buddy; what the victims need at this point is CASH to survive), so it has impacted my worklife quite extensively.

But to say anything more specific would be to pull back the curtain and discover that The Wizard is really a funny old man throwing switches and pulling dials ...

:)

I REALLY appreciate you checking in with me, though. I trust that you, Clokes and the kids are all okay as well. The whole situation has shocked us and completely taken our breath away. It's utterly horrid stuff.





Oh, and if you DO see Ms Prior, please don't mention all that 'crazy fan' stuff about me being so delirious over a glimpse of one of her ... you know ... thingies. Feel free to edit your description of me down so I come across as a devoted fan, rather than a stalker. If you mention me at all, that is. No expectations. Cheers for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home