I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, June 16, 2008

A Tissue, A Tissue ...

... Sweetums fell down!

He tipped over this morning and fell face-down on some concrete, scratching his face quite badly in the process.




It. Absolutely. Broke. Our. Hearts.

Hearing him crying and seeing the tears streaming down his reddening cheeks as he reached up his hands for us in such a vulnerable, "help me, only you can fix this, you're my comfort and my heroes" kind of pose was just heart-achingly beautiful.

My heart melted.

As it turned out, despite the damaged flesh and the slowly weeping blood from just below the surface of the cuts, he stopped crying pretty quickly and was okay (until a brief stinging incident during his evening bath). So he's a tough little nut and a well-behaved boy to boot.

(I get the feeling I boast about Sweetums a little too much on this blog. Sorry about that. I ain't changin', though. He's ace.)

Anyway, it looks like he's gonna be fine. By the time he wakes up in the morning, he won't even remember the incident or feel any pain from his scars, I reckon.

It was more of a tragic event for his parents than for him, I feel. And I'm sure we have a lot more of those in store for ourselves over the years.

This is gonna look stupidly lame by the time he's five and wrestling brown snakes he finds in the sewers ...


.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 19, 2008 9:40:00 am, Blogger Ben said...

*he fell*

Sure he did Bevis.


"I'm sure we have a lot more of those in store for ourselves over the years"

Is that a threat?


I'm watching you.

 
At Monday, July 21, 2008 9:54:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

nice one jobe.

but you're right bevis, it's just the beginning.

he'll be fine. lots of kisses and cuddles always fix those scrapes and bruises.

 
At Monday, July 21, 2008 10:46:00 am, Blogger magical_m said...

Every really good looking boy needs a few battle scars to make them look even cuter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home