I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Hawaii 5-0

We're back!

We arrived home safely last night and drove down from Sydney, leaving at 5pm and arriving here at 4am. I've been asleep all day today to catch up, and will be returning to work tomorrow morning.

I have to say, our dear sweet little boy is the most beautiful soul in the world ... but on this occasion, during the ten-hour flight from Honolulu to Sydney, he suddenly -- and for the first time in his life -- turned into this little monster:




It was terrible. An utter nightmare. He screamed the whole flight long, and nothing we did would placate him. True, the flight went for the duration of his internal clock's "day time" (whereas the flight over there was the duration of his internal clock's "night time", which resulted in him sleeping the whole way), but still. He had a miserable time, and neither Wifey nor myself had much of a blast, either.

But at least we got home safe.

It took forever to get through customs (the good news is that they didn't find our stash), and my brother-in-law was there to pick us up and take us back to my sister's house for a nice afternoon with them and my brother, before Wifey, Sweetums and I hopped in the car and took off down the Hume.

But I still haven't brought you up to speed on the past few days in Hawaii ...

We had one more day in Kauai before flying over to Oahu for our final day of the holiday. We stayed in the Aqua Aloha Surf & Spa, which is just two or three blocks from the world-famous Waikiki Beach. Here are some of the pics we took during the relatively few hours we spent there:









Here are some other random shots from the holiday that I haven't discussed in detail so far:


Two giant gorillas kissing (in profile)


Sweetums having a good time


An interesting way for a fortune teller to
insult her patrons
(click on the image to enlarge
it, and look carefully at the sign on the door)



There are also just a couple of things I still need to say in response to the questions MelbourneGirl asked me (in the comments to this post) concerning my trip. See my reply here for the rest of my answers.

* We didn't have a luau (we intended to, but the day we'd set aside for it was spent 'recovering' in the resort's room after Wifey's stint in hospital). So that was a shame, but it gives us something to do the next time we're there.

* The aforementioned hotel we stayed in, which was just up the road from Waikiki Beach, was lovely. The room was a little small, but we were barely in it ... and when we were, we were very quickly unconscious from exhaustion anyway. It didn't match the resort on Kauai, but it did the trick and the price was right (i.e, cheap).

We left my parents on Kauai for another four or five days, you see (they stayed on the smaller island to celebrate their anniversary alone), so it was just Wifey, Sweetums and myself on Honolulu that last night.

* The weather for the entire time we were in Hawaii (both islands) was exceptional! It couldn't have been more glorious. Absolutely stunning.

Kris, I know you don't live on Hawaii, but as the token regular American reader on this blog, may I contratulate you on the superb job you and your kind presented to us in terms of weather. Well done to the lot of you. :)

* I'd also like to say that I ate better in during the last part of my trip than I did in the first part ... but I can't lie to you lovely people!!

* Finally, MelbourneGirl asked me to procure a kiss for her, from Lost hunk, Josh Holloway. Well, MG, it just so happens that you're in luck. And he's an EXCELLENT kisser. I ran into him on Waikiki Beach, and he was kind enough to pose for a few photos for us so I could pass them on to you. Here they are:














I sure hope you appreciate all the trouble I went to for you! And Josh was very accommodating with his time. Not only was he prepared to travel around with me from location to location for the various photos, but he also found time to get a couple of haircuts between shoots, and brought his wife in on one of them. He signed one (which is odd, because we were using my digital camera), and then took out seven hours of his day to pose for the portrait painting. Talk about giving to your fans!!

If I ever see you in person, MG, I'll be sure to pass on Josh's kiss to you. But in the meantime, I'll keep it for myself. It helps me sleep at nights, all cosey and snuggled.

*sigh*

Okay, gotta go. We've got almost two weeks' worth of Neighbours tapes to catch up on.


.

9 Comments:

At Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:11:00 am, Blogger Kris said...

I am glad we could do our best to provide excellent weather for your holiday..let me know when you are in the states again and I will make sure to talk to my other Americans.

 
At Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:03:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the fresh heck is going on? I have been WORRIED SICK about you and your family. When I messaged you on Facebook to say 'Glad to see you're still alive!' I WASN'T JOKING.

Why, you ask? I subscribe to your blog through Google Reader, and your holiday wrap up post only appeared in my feed today. Your 'week and a bit' holiday has taken nearly three months in my time. I received your post about Wifey getting sick on April 5 and didn't hear anything again until June 8! I THOUGHT SHE HAD DIED. And that wasn't helped by the fact that the next post started with 'Tragedy struck our holiday last night. Wifey's feelings of unwelledness grew into something far more sinister after I'd [read more]'. I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT.

Anyway, welcome back, you time warped freak. Abducted by aliens much?

 
At Sunday, June 22, 2008 9:08:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Kris, thank you for that kind and generous offer. I'll definitely take you up on that one. You're all right, you. I take back half the nasty things I've said about you.

Chloe, hehe. Yeah. I jumped in my DeLorean and I've been away for a while, but here I am, back in the land of the living (although it's still March in my world) ... and Wifey, Sweetums, unborn baby and I are all well and good. Thank you for your concern, and my apologies for leaving you in such fear for our safety. Aren't you lovely! (Yes.)

PS - Thank you for the self-censorship of "What the fresh heck ..." -- it is very much appreciated on this 'ere family-friendly blog. :)

 
At Monday, June 23, 2008 10:13:00 am, Blogger Melba said...

why thank you dear bevis for all those lovely josh shots (except for the one with his wife) and collecting my kiss.

and thanks also for finally finishing your holiday posts.

now, can we have some real time posts? not wanting to pressure you or anything.

also ps sweetums is such a cute and happy boy. well done you two!

x

 
At Monday, June 23, 2008 10:46:00 pm, Blogger Kris said...

Bevis: Why thank you, and I take back about 19% of things I said about you!

 
At Monday, June 23, 2008 11:33:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

MelbourneGirl, you're welcome. And thank you for the lovely compliment to Wifey and myself about Sweetums. He is an absolute joy. As, I'm sure, is Princess (considering her conversation with you regarding the Bill Henson thing, as recorded on your blog). But as far as having a go at me about real-time posts is concerned, who are you to say such things, Ms 1982 Diary Entry??! (PS: Did you notice that for one of the shots of Josh, he and I took a quick trip over to London? I told him it wasn't necessary, but he insisted. Top bloke. A bit too much tongue when he kisses, but a top bloke nonetheless.)

Kris, ahh - but the question is: were they GOOD things or BAD things??

 
At Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:05:00 am, Blogger Kris said...

Bevis- I have no idea because they were taken back, and therefore no longer exist.

 
At Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:58:00 am, Blogger magical_m said...

About time my friend, about time.

Sweetums looks like he was in top form on that holiday - pity about the flight back! Oh well, it could have been worse. You could have been flying from London on a 24 hour flight.

 
At Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:34:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

you're right about the diary posts, they are a little old. but i intersperse with modern goodness.

yes, i did notice the london shot of joshy. too much tongue? never.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home