I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Long Time No Bother

Hello, remember me? I'm back. (Due mainly to a few individuals expressing their love and devotion to my blogging through some thinly-disguised threats to my personal well-being.)

The remarks about my mother and what I like to do in my spare time seemed frankly out of context -- plus, my mother is not as flexible as you seem to believe.

Oh, and I don't even have a gerbil, let alone ever attempted the kind of behaviour that was being suggested. Surely the poor thing wouldn't survive such an experiment, anyway? It all seems rather cruel and painful, and I certainly wouldn't want to be there to clean up the mess left behind.

Still, as Osama bin Laden can attest, it's nice to be wanted. So I thank you for your incessant whinging and nagging and hassling (and in one instance, the letter laced with a powdery white substance).

So what do I talk about? How about this:

In just over a week, I will be departing Melbourne for shores unknown (unless you're familiar with Sydney; then you'll have a working knowledge of where I am). It's my Dad's 60th birthday, so Wifey, Sweetums and I are driving up there to spend the weekend with the family. I think we'll be heading out to dinner or something, so it should be lovely.

But the BIG news (sorry, Dad), is that Wifey, Sweetums, Dad, Mum and myself will then be flying to lands unknown (unless you're familiar with Hawaii; then you'll have some kind of concept in your head about where I'll be located) for a week of fun in the sun. My parents have a time-share week available, and late last year Jetstar was offering ridiculously inexpensive flights, so the three of us are travelling there and back for just $1,400 - which is pretty darn good, really.

And if we crash-land upon arrival, we'll be found by the cast and crew of Lost (because that's where they film it), so we may even turn up as extras in the new season! Seriously, though, we're gonna hunt down their filming locations and see if we can spot anyone from the show. (If I see Josh Holloway - who plays Sawyer - I will get a photo / autograph / kiss / lock of hair / sample from him for MelbourneGirl.)

And we're gonna buy Sweetums a bucket-and-spade for him to play with on the beach. That's about the extent of our plans at the moment. We're just in it to relax, so it's gonna be fun.

We'll be back the week before Easter, so between my own leave and the public holidays, March is turning out to be quite the lazy month of work!

So, that's what I've been up to ... what about you?


.

4 Comments:

At Friday, February 29, 2008 6:01:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

please get me a kiss from mr holloway. number 1: i would love to see you pass that on to me considering we've never met, and our first meeting, with you kissing me from josh holloway would be a scream and wifey and clokes would really love it too.

and number 2. ARE YOU SAYING THAT SWEETUMS DOES NOT YET OWN A BUCKET AND SPADE? WHAT KIND OF OPERATION ARE YOU RUNNING AT HOUSE BEVIS?

i do believe that is serious neglect and i'm calling the authorities immediately.

 
At Friday, February 29, 2008 7:23:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm moving back to the Land of Funny Accents in a couple of weeks time but that's about it.

Hope y'all have a fab holiday. Will get to see the end of TAR?

 
At Saturday, March 01, 2008 7:38:00 pm, Blogger magical_m said...

Hurrah! You're back.

Tell Sweetums to watch out for the hookers in Hawaii... they're on many a street corner. Or perhaps it seemed that way because I was in the dodgy area where the hostels are.

Enjoy your Lost stalking!

 
At Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:52:00 am, Blogger Kris said...

I am training for a marathon (still) and raising money for cancer research (still), and am 2 months away from graduation (yipee).

Is the bucket and spade to bury daddy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home