I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Sweetums Update # 7

I know I've been away for a long time; my apologies. I could explain it all by saying how busy it's been at work, and how our home life has become so full of activity and mayhem that my blogging adventures were left by the wayside, but that ain't gonna interest you or make you feel loved, so instead I'll say I was kidnapped by pirates.

Thankfully, when I showed them a picture of Sweetums, they saw how adorable he is and let me go -- and as agreed, here's my big shout-out to Captain Tom Badass and his band of Pissy Pirates. You guys rock.


Captain Tom Badass, the Pissweak Pirate.


So, what have I been up to, eh? Well, there was Grannie's 100th birthday at the end of July, for which Wifey, Sweetums and I drove up to Sydney in a friend's loaned convertible (with the top decidely up, thank you for asking). We had a great time and Grannie was still cracking jokes and doing cartwheels, so she'll probably live to see Sweetums' 21st yet.


Sweetums at Grannie's 100th birthday in July.


Speaking of Sweetums and birthdays, next month will see him turn the magical, mysterious One. He's very much looking forward to it, and invitations are being sent out this week to all his little friends and hangers-on.

Wifey's been busy with her teaching rounds, but has recently completed another batch of three weeks. My workplace has seen more departures from my department, and at the moment I'm the only one left! (Yes, I realise that may be a message about my personal hygiene ...) I've employed someone who'll be joining the team next week, and I still have another position to fill after that.


Sweetums demonstrating how amused he is with Mummy,
who's hiding behind the camera, making him laugh.


I continue to be annoyed by bad drivers and poor spelling, punctuation and grammar on TV and radio ads (the latter not being so bad with the spelling aspect), and have recently found more Muppet items on eBay that I don't (yet) own.

So there's nothing much new with me. How about with you?


.

5 Comments:

At Friday, September 14, 2007 7:55:00 pm, Blogger Quirkie said...

I'm not bad, thanks for asking :D

Also back after a longer hiatus than you.

I'm enjoying your pictures of Sweetums, and feeling kind of jealous becasue I've decided not to publish pictures of Basil, but I'd really love to show him off too.

Now to your archives... I have a lot of catching up to do...

 
At Sunday, September 16, 2007 12:00:00 am, Blogger meva said...

I have just fallen completely in love with Sweetums. So I'm just fine, thanks for asking.

 
At Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:57:00 am, Blogger Kris said...

Sweetums is damn adorable, and happy birthday to the tike. And I been busy with teaching as well..so I sympathize with the wifey.

 
At Saturday, September 29, 2007 9:47:00 pm, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Happy birthday to Sweetums, who continues to get more and more gorgeous with each one of these updates, and congratulations to you and Wifey for making it through the first year. I hope it's beeen mostly magical with a bit of hard work instead of the other way around.

I was scrolling through a friend's facebook entourage yesterday when I noticed a very famliar looking green frog. So, it turns out that you and I actually have a whole bunch of mutual friends from a certain school we both went to. Having said that, I'm still no closer to cracking the secret of your true identity.

Oh well.

 
At Monday, November 12, 2007 10:18:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thank you, all.

Welcome back, Quirkie.

I'm Not Craig, if that's case, it's quite likely that we DO actually know each other.

How bizarre. And how long will it be before one of us unmasks ourselves?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home